IT’S A MAKE or break week for Mitt Romney. The message is critical, but the presentation is as well. Who will deliver it, what will it look like and will the TV audience peeking in see people with whom they can relate?
It’s a big problem when Republicans have to go to Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, N.Mariana Island and Samoa for the party’s representational diversity.
From the Weekly Standard, convention talking point highlights:
Top Line Message Points:
For four days, we will drive stories that will set the coming election in context — both thematically and through compelling, real-life examples and through powerful, dynamic speakers.
- Overall Theme: A Better Future
- Monday — We Can Do Better
- Tuesday — We Built It
- Wednesday — We Can Change It
- Thursday – We Believe in America
It goes on from there to outline Mitt Romney’s strengths, as the campaign sees it:
Governor Romney is uniquely qualified to be president at this critical time in our nation’s history.
- Family, the organizing principle of his life — devoted and loving husband and father
- Business career — Bain and the businesses he saved and jobs he created – adefender of free enterprise
- Public service – Governor of Massachusetts, rescuer of the Olympics
- Faith – integral to his life