Carlson and Dowd Need to Start an Anti Clinton Blog

Margaret Carlson and Maureen Down need to start a blog.   [screen capture from Huffington Post]

Margaret Carlson and Maureen Down need to start a blog.
[screen capture from Huffington Post]

IF EVER two political writers needed to start a blog it’s Maureen Dowd and Margaret Carlson, the Hillary Derangement pom pom girls that just can’t help themselves where the Clintons are concerned.

Her re-emergence had just one flaw. She didn’t keep her dog on the porch, a mistake so serious it could be disqualifying. She, of all people, knows how good Bill Clinton can be, and how bad. So why did she choose to revive her brand during the weeklong annual celebration of his Global Initiative, surrounded by his cast and on his turf? Why not wait until her husband was off in Malawi or somewhere to announce that his sustainable agriculture initiative had brought about a 30 percent increase in soybean yields? – Hillary Needs to Dump Bill, by Margaret Carlson

Evidently Carlson missed the announcement at CGI, where Hillary and Chelsea were now stepping into the spotlight to lead “dowager” Bill, his own description, in the future of CGI. Or maybe it’s just that, along with Maureen Dowd, Margaret Carlson just can’t get over that the Clintons are a tight family with their business a combined effort to change the world by joining forces. It’s a simple concept, but eludes the political insiders who are never invited to their parties.

Her bookend is Maureen Dowd, who recently offered this:

Even top Democrats who plan to support Hillary worry about her two sides. One side is the idealistic public servant who wants to make the world a better place. The other side is darker, stemming from old insecurities; this is the side that causes her to make decisions from a place of fear and to second-guess herself. It dulls her sense of ethics and leads to ends-justify-the-means wayward ways. This is the side that compels her to do anything to win, like hiring the scummy strategists Dick Morris and Mark Penn, and greedily grab for what she feels she deserves.Maureen Dowd

Fishbowl DC picked up Carlson’s retread writing, boiling it down to this summation: Carlson basically states that if Clinton has any shot at the White House, she needs to learn how to control her husband.

We’ve never heard that before.

It would be one thing if Carlson paid attention, but she doesn’t, preferring to dig back into her bag of ’08 tricks and regurgitate what today sounds very old stuff.

He will always loom, Carlson warns.

William Jefferson Clinton is one of the three most gifted politicians in the last thirty years, something neither Carlson or Maureen Dowd can accept. For Margaret Carlson, however, former President Bill Clinton is an “imaginary statesman.”

Evidently Carlson missed the Democratic convention back in 2012, when President Obama carried the Democratic party to a non-union state, after serving up entitlements for the grand bargain. My husband is a blue collar, middle class working stiff, but I’ve got to tell you, until the Big Dawg made that speech, I wasn’t sure he was going to vote for President Obama. After Clinton got through he was not only ready to vote for Obama, but excited about it.

This is something neither Maureen Dowd or Margaret Carlson can grasp, their deep Clinton phobia so socked into their political souls they can’t write a sentence without mentioning Hillary is in Bill’s shadow, or that she is in danger of being “Eva Peron, filling the shoes of a missing husband by default,” as Carlson wrote yesterday.

Carlson missed what Bill said at CGI:

“As I move into my dottage, my job will be to fund people who really know what they’re doing, which I am very happy to do,” Bill Clinton said as he introduced his wife. [NBC News]

After what happened in 2008, Carlson still thinks the Clintons are stupid.

Listening to Mo Eliethee during CGI is too much work, too, I presume:

“We are at a phase now where he is a supporting cast member. And I think her voice is the one people want to hear no matter what the stage,” Mo Elleithee, Mrs. Clinton’s traveling spokesman in 2008, said of the former president.

That way all the retro grudge matches that will play out, which just recently reared its head when Senator Claire McCaskill graciously endorsed a potential Hillary bid for 2016, will have some place to be archived, as time passes this crowd by.

, , , , , , , , , ,

27 Responses to Carlson and Dowd Need to Start an Anti Clinton Blog

1. ladywalker68 June 19, 2013 at 6:49 pm #

‘Maureen Dowd and Margaret Carlson need to start a blog together. They can call it Hillsteria.blogspot.com.”

Brilliant!

2. StrideHyde June 19, 2013 at 7:41 pm #

I’m not as familiar with Carlson as I am with Dowd. I used to wish we could lock Dowd and Ann Coulter together in a room and see if a rip in space would result.
    “Hillsteria.blogspot.com.” lol!

• Taylor Marsh June 19, 2013 at 8:39 pm #

Whoa! Dowd & Coulter, that would be something…

3. Ga6thDem June 19, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

Considering how much Dowd liked Obama and Bush, I consider her judgement on these issues seriously flawed. I consider this kind of stuff almost a backhanded compliment to Hillary.

4. fairmindedindependent June 19, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

I knew this would happen and its just getting started. The 2016 election is going to be ugly and sadly even some on the so-called left will also join into the Clinton bashing. Hillary Clinton is a woman and women are subjected to different standards than men. Hillary’s clothes, shoes, hair, make-up, I can go on and on, people are going to smear her. While if Gov.Chris Christie runs, the media seems to take a liking to him, with his New Jersey attitude, he will be treated like royalty. Heck, I think the media will go ga-ga over Marco Rubio, I can hear it now, Mika and Joe on Morning Joe saying how handsome he is, they fall over themselves over Gov.Chris Christie every time he is on the show. This is going to be more evident in the 2016 race. Sexism is alive and well and its going to show its to show its ugly true self and sadly women are going to join into the fray.

5. secularhumanizinevoluter June 19, 2013 at 9:43 pm #

“Sexism is alive and well and its going to show its to show its ugly true self and sadly women are going to join into the fray.”

Back to da future!!

6. fangio June 19, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

I’ve always found Dowd to be spot on and this is no exception. What she said about Hillary is correct. She tells it like it is, as she did in her book, ” Bushworld. ” I have no doubt that Hillary will disappoint everyone again ; then you’ll have to find someone else to blame.

• Taylor Marsh June 19, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

IF SHE RUNS all I want is for her to win and be the first female president in US history.

Men have been screwing up for centuries, so she cannot possibly screw up any worse!

• lynnette June 20, 2013 at 7:59 am #

Exactly. She is well qualified and would make a solid president, not to mention an historical one. After two hundred years, the time is right for this. I don’t agree at all with Carlson – the CGI was exactly the correct venue for shining light on issues important to Hillary (and many Americans, I might add). I thought her speech on early childhood education was tremendous. I think you’re right about Dowd and Carlson – they have nothing valuable to offer.

• fangio June 20, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Problem is she spent 2008 running like a macho man. I myself found that to be a complete turn off.

• lynnette June 20, 2013 at 9:31 pm #

If she runs, I think her campaign would be a lot different in 2016. She won’t make the same mistakes of 2008. Just my opinion, but I think it is harder on women than men running for high office – I think they are judged harsher and have to walk a finer line – somewhere in between a weak wimp and a “witch-bitch”. ;) Men can pretty much act like themselves and nobody gives it a second thought.

• newdealdem1 June 20, 2013 at 9:57 pm #

You seem to be completely turned off of many things about women starting with your horrific comment about Angelina Jolie. I didn’t respond to your hateful comment about her CHOICE because it’s just the same old same with you, fangio.

Hilliary Clinton didn’t run like a macho man, she ran as herself which men will never understand because all you and some other men (the far right and far left) will never stop doing is behaving like the small men you are and will forever be.

Frankly, I don’t give a rats arse what you or any other extreme man finds to be a turn off complete or not.

• fangio June 20, 2013 at 11:00 pm #

I have no idea what your talking about and I really don’t care. It is nice to see that you’ve gotten yourself an editor so I don’t have to skip over most of what you blather about. I have no problem with women and never have; you on the other hand have a BIG problem with men and always have.

• newdealdem1 June 20, 2013 at 10:01 pm #

Humm. call me not surprised that you would support someone as retro and longing for a 1950′s model of a woman as Dowd longs for in the long run. You never disappoint me, fangio and you never surprise me. Same as Dowd: same old same old (sexism).

• fangio June 20, 2013 at 11:26 pm #

Let me just say this: Hillary is not Bill. The Clinton’s were dirt poor, The Rodham’s were rich. Her father was a Republican and supported Barry Goldwater. She’s not the same person and her actions over the years have proven this. Her health care plan is the best example: everything done in secret, no one allowed in but corporate lobbyists and their friends, just like Cheney and his energy meetings. Your just angry because Dowd and myself said bad things about your sweetums. ” Someone as retro and longing for a 1950′s model of a woman as Dowd longs for in the long run. ” You mean she likes men.

• newdealdem1 June 21, 2013 at 1:14 am #

”Someone as retro and longing for a 1950′s model of a woman as Dowd longs for in the long run.” My comment.

“You mean she likes men.” Your response to me.

Ah, the throw back response of SOME retro heterosexual men who are afraid of women who won’t take any crap from any man (or woman like
          Dowd who slavishly caters to SOME retro heterosexual men: like YOU) ) of the radical right or left who only think of women in terms of some Freudian, Mad Men, heated idea of what women should be not only in the 1950′s but in the 21st century.

I’m a gay woman, so I don’t like men (because that is more than the implication in your response to me. Homophobic and sexist much, fangio?

There are many women and men (regardless of sexual orientation) who dislike Dowd for her continued nonsensical commentary about men (GHW Bush, Clinton and Gore) and women (Clinton, Michele Obama). Here are just two examples of Bob Somersby of the Daily Caller and his spot on assessment of Dowd. (1) http://tinyurl.com/n5hekf2 and (2) http://tinyurl.com/kr38bfc

I guess this heterosexual man hates men for his comments/critique of Dowd.

Picture that charming emo rolling his/her eyes.

• newdealdem1 June 21, 2013 at 1:49 am #

Correction: Bob Somersby is not of the Daily Caller (bites tongue) but of the Daily Howler. Forgive me, dear Bob.

7. Pilgrim June 20, 2013 at 1:09 am #

McCaskill “graciously” endorsed a run by Hillary…

Hmm. Graciously….and expediently….

Gotta butter the bread on the right side.

• Taylor Marsh June 20, 2013 at 9:43 am #

As in life, holding grudges is for people who don’t appreciate the precious nature of time.

• Pilgrim June 20, 2013 at 10:34 pm #

We know that Hillary Clinton is certainly not one who holds grudges.

• newdealdem1 June 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm #

However one may judge Hillary Clinton, your observation, Pilgrim, about her is spot on. She truly is a person who doesn’t hold grudges even though her enemies continue to paint her as one who does.

8. dafederalist June 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm #

McCaskill (and Pelosi) did some dirty antics during her endorsement the 2008 campaign but I’ll giver her a pass. A llot of people were fooled with all that change crap. (What exactly has changed is beyond my comprehension or imagination) I just cant wait for her to announce that she is running. But first, we have to settle old family business! She wont have Ted Kennedy to worry about..If the republicans keep the house and pick up the Senate (Due to all that lovely Gerrymandering) President Obama is literally a lame duck (How unfortunate but at least he’ll get more golfing time in..) 2008 just wasn’t Hillary Clinton’s time but 2016 is……Progressives were suckered, they know it, they’ve eaten their crow, now it is time to support her candidacy (If she runs) just like she supported Obama’s. Let us pray!

9. dafederalist June 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

” After Clinton got through he was not only ready to vote for Obama, but excited about it.”…President Clinton brought his A Game that night!!!!! If this was the Marvel Universe, Clinton would be TOAA! (Sorry for the comic book reference).

• Taylor Marsh June 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

HA! Too funny… (and I love comic book references, event though I’m not expert on them!)

10. newdealdem1 June 21, 2013 at 2:27 am #

“I have no idea what your talking about and I really don’t care.” fangio

Let me refresh your stilted memory:

This is off topic so to all other readers and posters on this blog, please excuse this personal moment on my part but I find it necessary now.

When Angelina Jolie had that double mastectomy this is the charming comments you made in that thread:

You don’t deserve this bit of news about me but I’m posting this because it matters and goes to the heart of how you have presented yourself on this blog.

I’ve had a mastectomy two years ago and I am not deformed or mutilated in any way (as you so despicably wrote about Jolie) and if I’d known some years ago about the BRCA1 gene test, I would have had that test myself and possibly made the same decision as Ms. Jolie who has a great, loving husband in Brad (whom I adore) who supports her decision totally.

And, I am speaking for other women, like me, who have gone through the same experience who may have read your loathsome comments on that thread.

I didn’t respond to your hateful comments because spincitysd’s (a man much like Brad) beautiful and reasonable response to you was more than you deserved and much more and better than I could have ever written. But, I never forgot what you said and never will.

And, hence my comment that you never surprise me with your mostly odious comments on this blog.

Done.

11. fangio June 21, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

1. I stand by my comment. Having an operation like that because you need it is one thing, having it because you might get cancer is another. A few years ago her own father publicly humiliated her for getting a tattoo! A tattoo. I also find it quite surprising that you have no issue with that beautiful human being spin city calling her breasts ” Girls. ” Finally, and I mean finally, having reconstructive surgery does not make disfigurement more palatable. What I said to spincity still stands: would he have his penis chopped off because a doctor told him that it might explode sometime in the future. He said he would; I don’t believe it.