Super Bowl #Clydesdales Sunday *Updated*

THIS IS America’s Sunday of sharing one sport.

But if football isn’t your thing, TCM is in their Oscar month of greatest films.

Even many football agnostics watch the Super Bowl.

Some watch it for the commercials. Some pretend to watch it, but simply tolerate it for the good eating. What’s your favorite recipe? Or maybe it’s the beer and revelry.

Just enjoy your Sunday.

#Clydesdales, baby. Tweet it.

Updated: The White House menu, compliments of the pool report.

From the White House:

The President and the First Lady are hosting a personal party for friends and family to watch the Super Bowl today. In honor of the two teams, they will be serving Chesapeake Crab Cakes and San Francisco Cioppino Stew with Sourdough Toast. They’ll also be serving Anchor Steam and Clipper City, beers from the competing cities.

Super Bowl 2013: The Budweiser Clydesdales have appeared in 23 Super Bowl spots since 1986, but this year, for the first time ever, Budweiser is releasing its Super Bowl spot early before the game. [Courtesy photo]

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Super Bowl #Clydesdales Sunday *Updated*

1. carol1211k February 3, 2013 at 9:35 am #

Budweiser always has the best commercials of the Super Bowl!

• Taylor Marsh February 3, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Isn’t it fabulous!

We love watching the Super Bowl commercials. It’s the only game Mark commits to watching all year, unless I’m watching baseball. ;-) Used to be an NFL junky, grew up on it, but now Sundays are the only days we have to spend together, so it’s usually seeing films, popping a bottle of wine and doing our thing.

But we wouldn’t miss the Super Bowl!

• whitepaw February 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

Cannot WAIT for the game. The Clydesdales commercial brought tears to my eyes. So sweet!

I am not into pro football until the playoffs, but I love both the Harbough brothers so am happy for either that win.

I just made a tasty Cream of Wild Mushroom soup with Portobello, Shiitake, and Cremini mushrooms… It is quite tasty and my husband and I will enjoy it with a fresh baguette during the game!

Being from the west coast, have to say go 49ers…! But I will be happy with either team winning. Just hope it is a close game.

Soup recipe for anyone interested… I used milk instead of the cream and half-n-half…

2. secularhumanizinevoluter February 3, 2013 at 10:03 am #

Words do not have the descriptive power to express how much I do not care about this Circus Maximus for the gibbering mob. I am reminded of reading that in Rome there was a debate in the Senate as to whether they should use cargo ships to ship grain for starving citizens or special sand for the games…..guess which one was shipped.

3. Taylor Marsh February 3, 2013 at 10:11 am #

It is Raven mania around here!

Love the story of the brothers.

It’s also national chicken wing day at our house!

Anyone else cooking anything yummy?

4. newdealdem1 February 3, 2013 at 11:25 am #

Not a football fan. Thank the heavens I’m married to someone who doesn’t disagree. Phew. heh. I think I watched a game a couple of times and know I didn’t enjoy it. Frankly, I didn’t know what the hell was going on LOL but I had no interest to learn. Oh, well, I guess I’m un-American by some people’s judgement. lol

We’re both film freaks and would never miss the 31 days of Oscar on TCM (Feb 1st to March 1st, for those interested here is the schedule http://www.tcm.com/). Will be watching TCM today, for sure. Not going anywhere today as it snowed here and it’s bitterly cold.

For all of you who love football and will watch the Super Bowl today, enjoy! Good luck to the team you are rooting for today. Enjoy your chicken wings or whatever other goodies you’re cooking up.

5. newdealdem1 February 3, 2013 at 11:29 am #

Horse lover here. Love that video. Sigh So beautiful. Thanks for posting that here, Taylor, because I would not have seen it otherwise.

• Taylor Marsh February 3, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Thanks for your email, and as an fyi we were doing some upgrade tweaks & your comments & a few others got stuck in moderation for some reason.

Moderation is only for specific commenters and sometimes happens when a person loads up a comment with a bunch of links that WP translates into spam.

The video is wonderful!

• newdealdem1 February 3, 2013 at 1:02 pm #

Thanks for the info.

6. Cujo359 February 3, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

I used to be a football fan. I think that between the incessant demands out here for a new, expensive stadium by our “home” team, the inordinate amount of attention that’s paid to id, and the homogenized nature of play, much of the joy of the game has been sucked out of it. Now I write things like this and generally find out hours or days later who won.

Such will be the case this year, I’m afraid. I’ll be doing other things while the game is afoot.

7. TaosJohn February 3, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

Used to be a huge fan once. Stopped watching college and professional football about 20 years ago. The pros are the worst: drug-addled millionaires with no real connection or loyalty to the city where they’re based, public money misspent for stadiums and team owners. Cesspool of corruption, etc. etc. Same thing with the commercials, too. I honestly don’t understand the appeal. When I did watch TV, I always muted every commercial, Super Bowl or no. A question of letting that stuff into your brain, you know?

But rock out, Taylor! If I were there in your living room, I’d probably be sucked in by the spectacle and the snacks. As of now, though, I don’t even know who’s playing. :-)

• Taylor Marsh February 4, 2013 at 9:13 am #

Yeah, I so understand why you stopped. I’m sure not the fan I used to be, a great deal due to the issues you cite.

But we love the Super Bowl…

8. ladywalker68 February 3, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

Of course I LOVE the Clydesdale commercial! Thanks for posting!

9. jinbaltimore February 4, 2013 at 6:50 am #

Was a real nail biter…and fingernail trimmer but…woo-hoo, Bmore!

• Taylor Marsh February 4, 2013 at 9:14 am #

It was a GREAT game. Congrats to all Ravens fans.