Hillary Clinton’s Office, The Website

hillaryclinton.com

HILLARYCLINTON.COM now directs people to “Click here to reach the office of Hillary Clinton.”

The second run to become the first female president in U.S. history… awaits.

At least many of us hope so.

It’s not a coronation, as is charged.

As I’ve written before, many a Democratic man I have voted for had fewer credentials and a resume of less heft. These same men I disagreed with on many issues as well. They were not the perfect liberal either, let me tell you.

There is simply nothing more important to me than electing a female president of the United States, which I happen to believe Hillary Clinton is poised to do.

We just finished the century of the American male.

The 21st century is poised to be the century of the female, in which the United States should lead. This requires a Democratic female president who understands that human rights are women’s rights and that women deserve to be as free as men. When applied across the globe the potential this philosophy in foreign policy and economic outreach could have has the potential of literally shifting the world to a path never witnessed in human history.

This world evolution of empowering women won’t happen overnight, but Clinton could take it to another level.

We are going to elect a female president and as far as I’m concerned it simply cannot be a Republican, as that party stands today, which begins with believing women should not be as free as men.

But, oh, don’t you just love Hillary’s grin?

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Hillary Clinton’s Office, The Website

1. secularhumanizinevoluter February 5, 2013 at 10:48 am #

“as is charged” I would suggest considering exactly who is “charging” that.
    RUN HILLARY RUN!!!

• Taylor Marsh February 5, 2013 at 10:58 am #

heheheh….

I love this slow drip, momentum building… even as there is no guarantee she will run.

Though I never forget her motto, which is that if you feel you can make a difference you must do so.

Of course, she can make a difference even if she doesn’t run, but NOTHING comes close to running and winning the Democratic nomination, then going on to become the 1st female president. NOTHING.

• lynnette February 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

I agree, Taylor. Imagine….we could have the first female president of the U.S. in 2016. That’s very exciting. We’ll see what she decides to do.

2. PeggySue February 5, 2013 at 11:58 am #

Well, this time I checked to make sure I read the byline correctly, Taylor.:0) Yesterday’s post was due to my carelessness and I apologize.

But . . . I want to keep my expectations on Hillary tapped down somewhat. I’m not convinced she will run and 2008 was just so-o-o disappointing [and maddening]. That being said, I absolutely agree–I can’t think of any other woman I’d like to see sitting in the Oval Office. I firmly reject that ‘any’ woman will do, that somehow by virtue of gender alone the first female POTUS will shift things dramatically. Can’t tell you how many arguments I’ve had about this.

Hillary Clinton, as you mentioned, is a whole different ballgame. I don’t agree with Clinton on everything but her commitment to human rights, to the rights of woman and girls throughout the world, sets her apart in my mind from other pols. This isn’t something she pulled out her purse because it polls well with focus groups. She’s been leading this charge for decades. The speech she gave in Beijing is an amazing and stirring piece of oratory. And she’s continued the push even when others pooh-poohed the passion or have tried to undercut the message.

I believe she could have a profound effect in the WH. I believed it before. I believe it now. I watched Hillary Clinton’s goodbye at the State Department. There wasn’t one face in that massive crowd that looked bored or indifferent. In fact, it was the closest thing I’ve witnessed of true love and admiration. Which can be kind of scary.

I just don’t want to get too excited about the prospects of Hillary Clinton running. A lot can change in 4 years. But if she were to run [and I think runaway with the election]? Yowsa!!!

• Taylor Marsh February 5, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Hey, if Clinton chooses not to run that’s the way it goes. She’s certainly put in her service to this country.

• PeggySue February 5, 2013 at 9:06 pm #

Oh I agree, Taylor. Hillary Clinton has put in a huge effort and can be effective in many venues. It’s absolutely her decision to make. Putting yourself through the meat grinder again is a huge, huge decision.

We shall see.

3. PeggySue February 5, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

PS: She looks great in that photo!

• secularhumanizinevoluter February 5, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

I agree…I will never..NEVER understand Bill!

• Taylor Marsh February 6, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Both my husband and my big brother can’t understand Bill Clinton either.

4. StrideHyde February 5, 2013 at 12:46 pm #

I hope she’s healthy. She had my vote in ’08. If she wants my vote in ’16 it’s hers. That is all.

5. J200609 February 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm #

I supported her in 2008 and I will support her in 2016. I hope she runs…IMO I think the amount of people wanting her to run will be so loud I do not think she will be able to ignore (plus the dems what to hold on to the WH for 2 more terms I think she could make it happen).