News Desk: Secretary Clinton Suffers Concussion After Fainting

“Texts from Hillary,” via Tumblr

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fainted and suffered a concussion after becoming dehydrated because of a stomach virus, the State Department said Saturday. “She has been recovering at home and will continue to be monitored regularly by her doctors. At their recommendation, she will continue to work from home next week, staying in regular contact with Department and other officials,” the State Department said in a statement. [NBC NEWS]

THE NEWS reports come after Secretary Clinton recently canceled a trip to Morocco because she wasn’t feeling well.

Fatigue is a slippery slope.

Your immune system can often go down, but what can also happen is a general physical overload that can lead to a normally strong constitution finally going haywire.

I’m not trying to play doctor here. The things I’m offering are suggested because of long experience with performance, stress, as well as having my own body go haywire when pushed too far. There may be people who take equal care of their mind, body and spirit as I, but I would put my own regimen second to none, including a work out schedule and diet that has been consistent for over 50 years, even with my vices considered.

When Hillary Rodham Clinton told Barbara Walters in her latest interview that she was tired and that continual air travel takes a tole she wasn’t kidding.

As you peak over age 50 and continue to have a back breaking schedule, intense pressure or stress, at some point your body is going to let you know.

It happens to those in the best of health and who have incredible stamina, as I’ve experienced myself.

, , , , , , ,

6 Responses to News Desk: Secretary Clinton Suffers Concussion After Fainting

1. Jane Austen December 15, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Taylor knows what she is talking about. Listen to her, but even more important listen to your body. Our bodies, regardless of how well we have taken care of them (and I have always taken care of mine) do start to kind of go haywire after a certain amount of years. I had to finally quit flying around the world because I couldn’t handle what it was doing to my body. I’m in my mid 70′s now and I know what I’m talking about. The stress alone is enough to take its toll on your physical health. I would have liked to continue to just keep on doing what I was doing. I loved my work but I suddenly realized I wasn’t 30 anymore and that I wanted my “golden years” to be just that, golden, not rust.

2. ladywalker68 December 15, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Wonderful words of wisdom from both Taylor and Joyce! I am 62 and 1/2 and trying to pace myself!

Wishing Hillary a speedy and complete recovery. Take care of your self, Secretary Clinton. The world needs you, but we need a you that is OK and very healthy!

3. spincitysd December 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

Sigh,

When you have a stomach flue, that is nature’s way of telling you “all stop.” While age can be a contributing factor, you will get quickly ill and dehydrate rapidly with a stomach flue. You loose a lot of fluids when you vomit, or when the other end starts to misbehave. At least she is resting now and I hope they got fluids in Hillary by hook or crook.

When you have fever and malaise it is straight to bed people, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00, the world is just going to have to make it on its own for a few days while you recover.

• Cujo359 December 15, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

Quite true. To me, this just tells me that she’s a mortal.

Flu of any sort can make you dehydrated. Combine dehydration with fever and you’re in far a lightheaded time.

What occurred to me when I read this story is that she’s lucky to have the option to stay home and rest, if working on our relations with the rest of the world can be considered a rest. A lot of folks don’t have that option. For them, it’s work when you’re sick or get fired.

4. mjsmith December 17, 2012 at 10:35 am #

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will not be able to testify before House and Senate committees next week on the Benghazi issue due to a concussion, the State Department said Saturday.

“It’s just one reason Governor Chris Christie is wrong when he says his obesity isn’t an issue when looking toward the presidency.”

I do not see the connection between Clinton canceling her testimony as disqualifying Governor Christie from being President.

I did not find anything in the Constitution about being too fat to be President either. I looked for scientific papers on this subject and I could not find anything about a person being too fat to be President. I did not find any medical report about a person being too fat to be Presidnet either.

Perhaps you are right and the job of Secretary of State had become too much for Clinton.

Despite the initial misgivings over his degree of experience, Christie received praise for his history of convictions for public corruption. During his tenure, Christie’s office won convictions or guilty pleas from 130 public officials, both Republican and Democratic, on the state, county and local levels without losing a single case. The most notable of these convictions included those of Hudson County Executive Robert C. Janiszewski in 2002 on bribery charges, Essex County Executive James W. Treffinger in 2003 on corruption charges, former New Jersey Senate President John A. Lynch, Jr. in 2006 on charges of mail fraud and tax evasion State Senator and former Newark mayor Sharpe James in 2008 on fraud charges, and State Senator Wayne R. Bryant in 2008 on charges of bribery, mail fraud, and wire fraud.

Governor Christie has an excellent history as a public servant. I already pointed out that Taft, as fat as he was, was as good a President as you can get and after serving as President went on to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

I can show by example that being too fat is not a disqualifier to become President. I would be very interested in seeing this medical and scientific evidence you claim exists that shows that if a person is too fat they should not be President of the United States.

Taft was not out only fatso President, he is the best example to show that being overweight, as unhealthy as it is, is not a disqualifier.

5. Taylor Marsh December 17, 2012 at 10:42 am #

No one said being obese is a “disqualifier.”

But Christie’s health is as much of an issue as McCain’s age was, because it’s a scientific fact that obesity is a killer. He’s also asthmatic.

The people will decide beyond that, but the conversation about Christie’s health, which his obesity impacts, is a worthy one.

In fact, just last week a study came out to say obesity was cited as the biggest health issue in this country.