Petraeus, Pat Robertson and ‘I’m a Man’ (VIDEOS & Music)

Yes, I know there were questions of security and classified material, not just another sex scandal by some guy in a position of power. But it was the sex scandal part that really got what passes for long-term attention (you know, two or three news cycles).

People were intrigued. People were titillated. People were quick to use the affair for their own ends. And of course, people were outraged.

Others were more understanding and forgiving. Like Pat Robertson, who proclaimed on his 700 Club that, basically, it really was all Paula Broadwell’s fault because, “the man’s off in a foreign land and he’s lonely and here’s a good-looking lady throwing herself at him. He’s a man.”

“He’s a man.” Well alrighty then, let’s cue up some appropriately manly music.

The Spencer Davis Group:

Muddy Water:

(Petraeus Outrage via Political Loudmough)

, ,

9 Responses to Petraeus, Pat Robertson and ‘I’m a Man’ (VIDEOS & Music)

1. Jane Austen November 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Jpyce – you are too funny. LOL

• Joyce Arnold November 17, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

The magic of YouTube allowing appropriate music … that’s what makes such “commentary” possible :)

2. ladywalker68 November 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Joyce, I am so glad that you understand how this being a man thing works. It is God’s Gift!

• Joyce Arnold November 17, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

I must make it clear that I absolutely do not claim to “understand” :). We have Robertson to thank for that …

• ladywalker68 November 17, 2012 at 11:46 pm #

LOL, Joyce! I know. I was just being sarcastic. I meant to include a few :) :) :)

• secularhumanizinevoluter November 18, 2012 at 8:19 am #

Sorry ladywalker but you CLEARLY weren’t paying attention during the run up to the last election….the RESULT of “being a man” is GAWDS gift…even if the “man” has to get rough to deliver the gift.

3. secularhumanizinevoluter November 17, 2012 at 9:23 pm #

Once again….Conman Robertson simply leaves me speechless!!!!

4. ladywalker68 November 17, 2012 at 11:49 pm #

There is something about Roberston’s voice in that video that is truly creepy. Reminds me of the obscene phone caller tone that Rush had when he was getting off on Sandra Fluke…er…I meant “going off on”…um…not really…. ;)

5. Jane Austen November 18, 2012 at 1:37 am #

He reminds me of the dirty old man type. Just watch his body language when he was talking.