John McCain Suggests No State Nominee from Obama Can be Supported

OLD MAN McCain suggested on Sunday that the Administration’s “light footprint” is the cause of what is unfolding in the Middle East. It’s truly extraordinary to hear McCain imply that expanding military operations is the answer. Evidently, he can’t quite comprehend the Arab spring and what it means.

But suggesting that no nominee from Obama should be confirmed is the ultimate temper tantrum from a man who still can’t come to grips that he doesn’t have the power to do anything but continue his Sunday show parade, with the talking heads in the establishment willing to give him a platform for his national security derangement.

MCCAIN: Under the present circumstances, until we find out all the information as to what happened, I don’t think you would want to support any nominee right now. Because this is very very serious and it has even larger implications than the deaths of 4 Americans. It really goes to the heart of this whole light foot print policy that this administration is pursuing.

Stuck in the 20th century, Mr. McCain still believes empire is the answer. Not only won’t it work for the Middle East today, but it’s a notion that’s also antiquated for the United States.

, , , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to John McCain Suggests No State Nominee from Obama Can be Supported

1. Jane Austen November 19, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Excuse me Taylor, not only is he stuck in the 20th century, but his head his stuck up is freakin’ Republican a@@. I try to remember to be civil. But this guy just makes me want to scream. Someone put him on prozac or xanax. Maybe I need prozac after reading his comments. :)

• Taylor Marsh November 19, 2012 at 10:55 am #

heheh… The guy is a disgrace.

2. angels81 November 19, 2012 at 11:13 am #

The old man is as bitter as Romney that he lost to this young upstart black man. He like Romney felt that he was entitled to become President and this upstart black man took it away from him. The crazy old coot will now do anything to bring the down the usurper.

• Taylor Marsh November 19, 2012 at 11:17 am #

…and he’s nakedly obvious about it, all pretense gone.

• Mawm November 19, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

I think he was keeping the jealousy in check, waiting for Romney to win, but when Obama took Romney down, it was just too much for McCain to handle and he lost it big time.

• DaGoat November 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

You are implying McCain is racist, something I don’t see any evidence for other than he is white and Obama is black.

The headline is a little misleading in that McCain is not saying that no nominee of Obama’s can be supported, he is saying no candidate should be confirmed until the Benghazi controversy is better defined. I do NOT agree with him – there is no reason to hold the position hostage on that basis.

• angels81 November 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

“You are implying McCain is racist.” Yes I am.

• jinbaltimore November 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

evidence please?

words matter

• angels81 November 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm #

Do your own research, then make up your own mind. From what I’ve seen of McCain, he fits the bill for me.

• jinbaltimore November 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

not very persuasive

• angels81 November 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

To lazy to educate yourself, so you blow it off with the comment “not very persuasive” That’s really weak on your part.

• jinbaltimore November 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

LOL I’m not the one throwing out such a loaded accusation willy nilly and expecting agreement based on, um, nothing (?)….guessing you never had to write a paper and prove your points?

Accusation cheerfully ignored.

Enjoy your day!

• angels81 November 19, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

I’m not expecting agreement from anybody nor am I trying to convince anyone of anything. I am expressing my opinion as to what I think of John McCain. You go think whatever you want, makes no difference to me. You seem to have this funny concept that when someone gives his or her’s opinion that we are out to change other peoples minds. I don’t care what you or others believe, everybody has their own opinion. Another thing, this is not some classroom, and I am not writing some paper, this is a blog where people express their opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

• jinbaltimore November 19, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

Fair enough.
            Similarly, the sky is green.

3. jinbaltimore November 19, 2012 at 11:20 am #

Does he have to be racist AND crazy AND old too? Isn’t it enough for him to be just plain WRONG?

• angels81 November 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Of course the man is a racist, crazy and old. He is what he is.

4. Jane Austen November 19, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

The man is stuck in the 20th century so is is just plain WRONG.

5. Lake Lady November 19, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

I think he is just pathetic and I have said that many times but I doubt he is racist. He has an adopted child who is asian I believe but she is very dark and that was used against him politically in the South. Remember when he was running for the nomination the first time there were vicious rumors in South Carolina about her parentage.

• newdealdem1 November 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

I agree with your observation, LL.

But, regardless of how he came to be what he now is as a person and what his motivation my be, he’s “just plain WRONG” as JA and you concluded.

I said this before here and it bears repeating. John MCcain has never gotten over the US losing the Vietnam War and his mind set is such that the only way he sees the US leading the way is to bomb, bomb and bomb some more leaving a huge footprint as a reminder of
      who is in charge and who has the “moral high ground” wherever the US is stationed.

He’s as righteous as he’s ignoble, a man who couldn’t stand that someone with as little experience as Obama could be elected POTUS over him. Frankly, McCain wasn’t alone in feeling that way. There were many people who felt as he did and I was one of them as I was and still am a Hillary Clinton supporter. Nevertheless, how McCain behaved during the financial crises in 2008 was what did him in in the end. Obama maintained a cool head in that crisis and imo that is what put the Obama team ahead of the McCain team in the crunch because IIRC McCain was ahead of Obama before the September financial fall.

McCain has never gotten over his defeat to an inexperienced neophyte who was uninterested in paying his dues in the Senate and took advantage of the political atmosphere after Bush 2 to make his mark with little to no substantial record except for a speech he gave decrying the Iraq war before he was a US Senator. And, who voted exactly as Hillary Clinton did once he became Senator for funding for the Iraq war (which is what prompted her husband, Bill to make this true statement for which he was labelled a racist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDx4NZr2u4

I don’t believe McCain is a racist, he just could never get over losing to someone who up to that point hadn’t paid his dues.

Problem is McCain never got over this as he never got over the US losing in Vietnam. And, he’s lashing out as a wounded animal.

6. Jane Austen November 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

ndd1 – I agree with you and ll. I think McCain never got over losing in Vietnam and then he lost to Obama who he considered as someone who hadn’t paid his dues. And what probably rankled him even more was that Obama had never served in the military. I think that McCain always felt that he was much more qualified to be POTUS because of his military service. But I don’t think he’s a racist for exactly the reason that Lake Lady gives.

7. jjamele November 19, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

I actually don’t think it’s McCain’s Vietnam experience as much as it was his Losing to Bush in 2000 experience.

McCain in 2000 thought that he was the Perfect Republican Candidate- adored by the media, highly respected by Independents- but he was derailed by Bush’s right-wing machine and money. When Bush “won” it enhanced McCain’s bitterness, as he was convinced he would have won a LEGITIMATE victory over Gore. McCain then had to stew and carry water for an awful President, and debased himself by turning against a fellow Vietnam War vet to support a draft-dodging druggie in 2004. I think this all made McCain determined to redeem himself by becoming President- and suddenly, in 2008, he was not only forced to shoulder the burden of the Bush administration, but found that he wasn’t even the media’s favorite flavor any more.

Since his loss to Obama, McCain has become more petty by the month. He’s become so small, he’s almost invisible. A tiny, bitter little man, his anger at the unfairness of it all has bubbled to the surface and is now out there for everyone to see. It’s actually pretty sad. He could have taken a different path- refused to support Bush his unforgiveable South Carolina primary campaign, supported Kerry in 2004, maintained his “maverick” label- but no. He gave it all away for a shot at the Presidency. Even after his last defeat, he could have been a bridge between the White House and the GOP in Congress- if he had failed, he would have failed with honor and the respect of the sane on both sides. Going down to defeat to a tea partier in 2010 would have been a badge of honor. But in the end, McCain simply didn’t have it in him.

8. Jane Austen November 19, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

that’s another way of looking at it jjamele – there are so many possible ways of looking through the prism at this man. The one thing that has come through for all sane people to see is that John McCain has become a very petty man without any credibility in today’s political world.

9. newdealdem1 November 19, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

In a previous post, I commented that it was a triad of causes that led McCain to behave as he has during these last four years. Vietnam; his loss to Bush in 2000 and his gargantuan loss to Obama in 2008. All three are equally important in McCain’s mindset IMHO.

You cannot erase what Vietnam did to him: it was a seminal experience at that time in his life. His loss to Bush in 2000 was a kick in the gut given the dirty shit done to McCain’s family by ratfcuker Rove when he planted the “rumor” that McCain fathered a black child when the truth was that McCain and his wife, Cindy, adopted a girl baby from Bangladesh http://tinyurl.com/65dp2b

And, McCain could never quite get over being bettered by a neophyte like Obama in 2008 with such a scant record of achievement.

So, it’s a triad of reasons that McCain acts as he does presently. Vietnam is crucial to who this man will forever be. The chip in his shoulder from the US losing that war fed his already hawkish persona leading him into “seeing” that the sole way to resolving conflicts in the world is to take up arms and bomb, bomb and bomb into oblivion.