Fox News Debacle, Network Humiliation in Prime Time *Video Update*

IT WAS a remarkable spectacle on Fox News Channel once Ohio was called for President Obama and he was reelected the 44th president of the United States.

It began when Chris Wallace announced that the Romney campaign was disputing the numbers coming out of Ohio. Moments later Karl Rove starts spinning out the names of counties trying to prove the race had not been won.

In the middle of all this Charles Krauthammer begins a monologue, hissing invectives at Obama, illustrating why Mitt Romney and Republicans deserved to be taken out.

It happened in a way that no one on Fox News Channel saw coming, because the possibility was too horrible for them to consider.

For days, Fox has been spinning that Mitt Romney was surging. Then after it was clear they couldn’t prove it they started shifting the story and blaming Romney’s faltering on nor’easter Sandy, which continued earlier in the night with Bill O’Reilly, their #1 host.

From Dick Morris pontificating about a “landslide” to Sean Hannity’s hit squad, the hatred for the President has dripped day after day, crafting a narrative that a Romney win was in hand. No evidence, just malarkey.

Then tonight hit and Karl Rove couldn’t believe it.

At one point Megyn Kelly got up to go back stage to talk to the statisticians making sure the count was right out of Ohio. They looked genuinely surprised that she was confronting them, though very nicely. The only reason she went back there was because Karl Rove was blowing a gasket on air.

Kelly came back to the set, while Bret Baier looked over his shoulder for Rove, after calling him back on stage. Then suddenly after he came on stage, Michael Barone was summoned as well.

Barone started talking, everyone clearly trying to appease Karl Rove, who was going through the political version of water torture on air. The entire Fox News audience saw the naked cravenness of their favorite channel not being able to accept that Team Obama had beaten the Romney team, with Karl Rove bereft of legitimacy after being exposed for trying to spin that the election was falsely called, thus making Obama illegitimate.

Barone told Rove it was over.

The entire spectacle was a fitting crescendo and finale to what has been building for weeks, as Fox analysts made up out of whole cloth that Mitt Romney would not only win, but do so handily, while there was no evidence to prove their assertions.

Steve Hayes later said, “The polling was more accurate than it wasn’t.”

This is not what happened.

The coverage on Fox was pure fiction. They lied. They said the polls were “skewed.” That up was down. They were made fools by saying otherwise, with conservatives also trying to humiliate Nate Silver in the process.

What’s even worse is that they sucked in their audience who lapped up this wholly ridiculous narrative they were spinning, because the earnest hatred through which it was delivered missed the truth about this country.

Mitt Romney’s campaign and Fox News Channel, along with right wing radio, not only ignored minorities, but told the white audience that laps up the hatred they spew day in and day out towards Barack Obama, that the Millenials, Hispanics and African Americans don’t exist and that women are going to put up with our bodies being made into “social issues” that can be used like poker chips. Democrats do that with women too, but at least it usually ends up to our benefit.

If Fox News was an employee they’d be fired and unable to get hired in the business again.

Nate Silver was correct and beat all the poll hacks pushing false narratives, but are respected simply because they’re paid by the establishment elite. He’ll be serving crow on the mezzanine deck the rest of the month.

Thank you President Obama for delivering Karl Rove’s head on a plate.

Elizabeth Warren, Tammy Duckworth, Tammy Baldwin and on and on… winning was the main course, but The Architect trussed on a platter was a spectacular dessert.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

25 Responses to Fox News Debacle, Network Humiliation in Prime Time *Video Update*

1. Sandmann November 7, 2012 at 12:58 am #

I’ll drink to that. Ouzo up! (Noonan knew the deal).

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 1:04 am #

I’m right there with you.

• ladywalker68 November 7, 2012 at 1:21 am #

Begin Quote
        “As for Karl Rove, I’ve been waiting 12 goddamn years for this malevolent egomaniac to get his due, but I never dreamed I’d get to watch his unmaking on Fox News in prime election time.

Thank you President Obama for delivering Karl Rove’s head on a plate.”
        End Quote

Priceless!!!

Cheers!!! ;)

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 1:27 am #

heheheheh…

• secularhumanizinevoluter November 7, 2012 at 5:24 am #

The two quotes I had just copied to post in a reply!!!! BUT YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!
          I awoke to the sound of wet explosions in the distance as repugnantklan/teabagger/UBERChristian heads started bursting with the concession of Mitt da Twit like condums full of pus and it was sweet, SWEET music to my ears.
          Make no mistake…. not much more then half of the popular vote went for racist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic lies because they are threatened by THOSE people actually being full fledged participants in this participatory government of ours…BUT THEY LOST ACROSS THE FRACKING BOARD!!!!!!
          Working the Polls last night was one of the most fun LONG days I’ve experienced in a LONG time. The enthusiasm of the voters was a joy to behold and so contagious….it was impossible to leave the polling place after putting the election to bed without feeling confident the morning would dawn exactly the way it did!!!!!!!!

• Jane Austen November 7, 2012 at 8:10 am #

so have I, so have I and I never in a million years thought I’d get to see it on election night but it was absolutely delicious. And then the Trump going off half cocked on Twitter. Too priceless for words. Can we make a comedy out of this stuff?

2. fangio November 7, 2012 at 1:24 am #

Twelve years to late, but better than never. Actually, it’s good to see Krauthammer and Kelly get it too.

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 1:27 am #

It sure was, on all counts.

3. alphonsegaston November 7, 2012 at 2:29 am #

Boy, I want to see that; have been looking for a video that show Krauthammer and Michael Barone. I did see the one where the bimbo slithered down the hall to confront the number guys.

4. spincitysd November 7, 2012 at 3:53 am #

So, the blossom is off the turd; good to know.

5. Isis November 7, 2012 at 4:48 am #

Thank you TM for this post.

I spent the whole of last night watching FOX news, even went to Drudge, read every single comments in the WSJ. Today I will watch Hannity and listen to Limbaugh. I may even treat myself to Glenn Beck…I cannot get enough of this stuff, seeing and hearing the ENTIRE crazy wingnut galaxy unravel is like a drug to me. A thing of beauty….

After the craziness and the conspiracies theories of the last 4 years it is finally apparent to ALL even to their hate viewers that FOX News alternate universe is well ALTERNATE, divorced from reality, nonsense.

There are no stolen 2008 or 2012 elections, no forged birth certificates, no constant leftwing oversampling in polls, no conspiracy of the lamestream liberal media to hide a Romney-Ryan landslide, no race wars or black panthers, no invented war on women (it was very real and wingnuts were punished for this…badly), no anticolonialist, socialistico-nazi movement etc….no whatever else they have peddling non-stop…Just demographics and at least a good half of voters that have rejected their ideology and policies.

No Sarah Palin revolution, on the contrary she took loads of money from FOX and her worshipers and took herself and them on a bus tour, on a bridge to NOWHERE…. The kings of the rightwing universe the PalinBeckLimbaughHannityTrump crowd have been shown how IRRELEVANT they are in the real world.

The tea party nuts were not rewarded for their craziness and obstructionism…

Yes Yes Yes!!!

Solo, Secular etc…. where are you all? What is this!!!?? Restraint? I am the only partisan left?

• secularhumanizinevoluter November 7, 2012 at 5:26 am #

“I cannot get enough of this stuff, seeing and hearing the ENTIRE crazy wingnut galaxy unravel is like a drug to me. A thing of beauty…. ”

I used to say the applause of a standing O at a theater production I was involved in was the BEST drug on earth….I was wrong….THIS is!!!!!!!

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 10:44 am #

CONGRATULATIONS ISIS, secularh and all of you Obama partisans!

Enjoy the victory you earned.

• Isis November 7, 2012 at 10:49 am #

Hmmm slightly object to the Obama partisan, but certainly anti rightwingnut craziness, lies and conspiracy theories. In as much as I am glad Obama was reelected it was more their humiliation that got me giddy with delight.

6. T-Steel November 7, 2012 at 6:56 am #

I also watch Karl Rove unravel and thought it was the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in awhile. Rove looked like he was about to crack and implode at the same time. My wife was like “Someone get that man a strong drink NOW!”

While my hard third party ways wanted a tie just to expedite the Electoral College take down (5100+ Stein supporters here in SC!), President Obama’s win is a win against the wackaroons, conspiracy nut-jobs, and the money folks that fuel them. I disagreed with President Obama a sizable amount of times (enough that I didn’t vote for him yesterday) BUT I always defended him against the outright lies against him. Remember President Obama was the 2nd coming of the the most Diabolical Something or Other. Really?

Congratulations President Obama. We’ll see if you have some vision in the brain regarding the jobs issue. :)

7. Jane Austen November 7, 2012 at 8:22 am #

For us in my congressional district we saw the Tea Party take a loss with the election of Sean Maloney. Nan Hayworth and her anti-women, anti-anything human was ousted after only serving 1 term. True Maloney was a Clinton man and was seen as a “carpet bagger” but Hayworth scared a lot of the young women up here. Speaking of which – when I talked to my 3 voting age granddaughters I learned something about them and their friends – it wasn’t so much the economy that scared them (most of them are still in school) but that they might lose their health care on their parents’ insurance and this is the biggie – the right to choose. I see something different for the next crop of young women coming into their own over the next few years. Reproductive rights are a big issue for this age group in my area and they aren’t about to lose it. My advice to them was this – if you don’t want to lose it, you have to fight to keep it.

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Hey, ja, thanks for telling your story. I need to hear everyone’s personal reality re: how politics impacts their lives & those of their families.

8. PeggySue November 7, 2012 at 9:37 am #

I stayed up and had the pleasure of watching ‘Bush’s Brain’ stroke out. It was a beautiful moment–the sputtering and spinning, the mega meltdown. I also realized that some of the so-called pundits had actually bought into the fiction mania that Fox News had been spinning. Some of the people on deck were truly stunned and owe the likes of Nate Silver a huge apology. Silver called it despite the Gergens out there getting their panties in a twist, pretending their guts and political savvy had more credence than the numbers. Math is a mighty thing; it takes no prisoners.

An astonishing moment!

9. Mawm November 7, 2012 at 9:50 am #

Damn I missed it. I was watching MSNBC

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 10:46 am #

I’d seen this building for a long time.

Starting before their Benghazi coverage, so I wanted to see how they pulled the FNC jet up from the tailspin that was coming.

Answer: THEY COULDN’T. That it was Rove who was driving when it hit the earth and shattered was the greatest and longest waited for reality in my political involvement over decades.

10. kris November 7, 2012 at 10:13 am #

This isn’t exactly on the topic, but first good morning everyone….

I have to say that in 30 + years of following politics I have never seen a campaign that has put a ground game together like the President’s. It is absolutely stunning the laser focus on the swing states early, early, early, and not being distracted from the need to win in certain areas of those states. The GOTV effort in both 2008 and 2012 has been second to none. Republicans just don’t have those skills and flat out don’t get it.

Congratulations to the President and my hope is for the economy to continue to improve, more employment and for some of the big issues facing the country to be resolved in a non partisan way. I really believe that can happen despite all the naysayers.

Thanks Taylor for the extremely fair coverage the last year. I haven’t always been able to comment, but it has been you and my morning coffee for a long time. Keep up the excellent work.

• Taylor Marsh November 7, 2012 at 10:41 am #

Appreciated, kris. So glad to hear from you on the amazing ending.

Your point about the Obama campaign is dead on.