ELIZABETH [Video]

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

THIS WOMAN is the very definition of presidential.

It’s the reason when the first female president is mentioned in progressive circles the first name that comes to mind is simply Elizabeth.

The Senate is lucky to have her, with the job she’s about to take on the only thing that matters today.

, , ,

15 Responses to ELIZABETH [Video]

1. Jane Austen November 8, 2012 at 9:41 am #

I love this woman and if she decides to run for President I’ll be out there working for her, the Lord willing and the creek don’t rise. I really think she is the real deal.

2. Isis November 8, 2012 at 9:46 am #

Love her.

3. jjamele November 8, 2012 at 9:52 am #

Um, ladies? Please don’t fall in love with Elizabeth Warren until it comes time for her to actually vote on something.

You’d think by now we’d all be off the starry-eyed crush thing. Talk is cheap. Let’s see what she actually DOES when it comes to tax cuts, health care, funding the military, etc. etc. ETC.

Seriously, this is how politicians get away with crap- they attract cheerleaders and fanboys who become so infatuated that they angrily ignore or deny when their heroes don’t sit well upon their pedestals. Let’s be adults for once, ok?

4. Taylor Marsh November 8, 2012 at 10:13 am #

The standard for female politicians, who are in the wee small minority, should begin EXACTLY where men started.

Voters still excuse male politicians for all manner of political malpractice. See President Obama.

Elizabeth Warren will cast votes that will alarm many, especially on foreign policy, I have no doubt.

People need to be as forgiving for women as we have for 200 years regarding men.

After we have achieved some parity in Congress then we can worry about political perfection.

5. Jane Austen November 8, 2012 at 10:36 am #

I am not looking for political perfection in anyone, I am looking for someone who is willing to stand up for the people and I think Elizabeth Warren will do that, based on her political history. I don’t know what she’ll do foreign policy wise but then I didn’t know what Obama was going to do either.

6. jjamele November 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I hope I didnt’ sound too strident, I just really really hate fan politics. I’m thrilled Warren won, but I am not going to join her fan club until I see how she votes.

7. lynnette November 8, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

I like her, too. She got 59% of the female vote in Mass. from what I read. I think she’ll make a great senator. Elizabeth Warren is refreshing, isn’t she? I also like Kirsten Gillibrand and of course Hillary Clinton – that goes without saying. Any one of them would be a fine president.

8. Jane Austen November 8, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

jjamele – you did come across a bit too strident. I like to comment on TM’s site and have been doing so for a long time and I try to keep civil. I have never been one for fan politics. I have always watched and studied the persons I voted/campaigned for. When Hillary Clinton ran for senator in NY I went to as many of her town meetings as I could get into. I wrote her letters and got answers. At one point I had an awful problem with health insurance and her office helped resolve it so I could have the necessary surgery. I understand about politicians (I’ve voted since 1958) and that at times they seem to make deals with the devil. I always hope for the best though.

• Cujo359 November 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

I don’t agree. I wait to be impressed by actual performance, or disappointed by same. Does she stand up to the current Democratic “leadership” when it’s wrong by her principles? If so, she’s worth considering. If not, well, the senior Senator from Massachusetts comes to mind

9. secularhumanizinevoluter November 8, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

If she runs I will vote for her. How about a Clinton/Warren ticket in 16?

• newdealdem1 November 8, 2012 at 5:00 pm #

That’s my dream ticket, Sec, for 2016.

10. Jane Austen November 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

sec and nd1 – reality, folks, reality. But it’s nice to dream

11. newdealdem1 November 8, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

JA, yeah, I know, but that never stops me from playing Lotto. A buck and a dream. ;) lol

Sometimes reality sucks but it is what it is. Albeit, whoever thought we would have an all-woman cast of State-wide elected officials and from New Hampshire. It’s a start but it’ll be years before we have an all woman POTUS/VP ticket. I would be happy to see half of that come true with the woman at the top of the ticket in 2016. Not any woman mind you. ;) :)

• secularhumanizinevoluter November 10, 2012 at 9:00 am #

If we don’t dream and work for it some other dream just might become our nightmare.

12. Lake Lady November 8, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

I cannot wait to see her in action~ Now the senate has a liberal lioness.