Election Day Horoscope: Gore-Bush 2000 Redux?

The last time Mercury was Retrograde Station Direct on an election day was in year 2000, when we experienced the chaos surrounding the Gore and Bush election, when the Supreme Court stepped in to take control. – How Mercury retrograde could affect Barack Obama and Mitt Romney on Election Day [New York Daily News]

MERCURY RETROGRADE came up last night in the Twitter universe.

I’m sure I don’t have to tell any of you what happened in 2000.

From an astrologer on Huffington Post that came recommended by people who know a lot more about this than I do:

We could very well see a situation similar to the 2000 presidential election between Al Gore and George Bush, which was followed by the Florida recount. And guess what? Mercury was retrograde then as well!

…I predict that Barack Obama will be reelected president of the Unites States. Actually, I predicted this on my Facebook page back in December 2010…

[...]However, this Mercury is conjunct Mars and a debilitated Rahu in the sign of Scorpio, which indicates that if Mitt Romney does win, there could be some serious allegations of deception and fraud.

The astrological arts are beyond my expertise, but the thought of another 2000 fills me with dread.

, , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Election Day Horoscope: Gore-Bush 2000 Redux?

1. Jane Austen November 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

oh please – just let it be a clean clear cut election. I don’t think I could stand another re-play of 2000. My ticker couldn’t take it.

2. Taylor Marsh November 6, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

This came up last night, so I started with the Google. Today I reached out to some people who know about this stuff.

Did you click on the link?

• Jane Austen November 6, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

I am at my daughter’s house on the slowest computer in the county and my son-in-law is a computer engineer for IBM. Uggh!! I’m trying to bring it up now.

3. Cujo359 November 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm #

Signs appear mixed. The magic 8-ball says “Answer unclear”. The Ouija board predicts Obama by 20 electoral votes, or maybe that’s 20 voters, I’m not sure. The chicken entrails… I guess I need to clean those up.

• Taylor Marsh November 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

HA! Oh, too funny…

• spincitysd November 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

Damn it Cujo359, your supposed to use sheep livers, no wonder your results were so bad. Besides, living in the Puget Sound area you must have plenty of coffee grounds to peruse; get on it!

• Cujo359 November 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

No, none of that New Age nonsense for me. I’m kicking it old school. Now, where did I put the mop?

4. Mawm November 6, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

As long as the moon is not in Kolob I am not worried.