News Desk — 24 Hours to Go: Bruce on Air Force One

photo: Pete Souza

IT’S FROM one of the pool reports this afternoon, which I don’t share often, but this one is a bit out of the orginary.

Subject: …Bruuuuuuuuce!!!

Pool was able to interview Springsteen on the tarmac, after he alighted Air Force One, with his wife, Patti, from the rear of the plane. Asked if this was his first trip on Air Force one, he said yes, then started grinning.

“It was pretty cool,” he said.

He said he chatted with the president during the fligjt about the effect of Sandy on New Jersey. “I’m feeling pretty hopeful,” about the chances that the Jersey shore will recover.

, , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to News Desk — 24 Hours to Go: Bruce on Air Force One

1. whitepaw November 5, 2012 at 3:24 pm #

One thing I find extremely annoying are celebrities campaigning for politicians… and then reaping the benefits such as flying on AF1. I know all politicians do this …. it just turns me off and makes me dislike the celebrity (one that I might have liked in the past). If anyone is influenced to vote a certain way due to a celebrity’s endorsement… perhaps they should not be voting.

2. cjoblak@hotmail.com November 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

I find it annoying, also, Whitepaw, only you communicate it in a lot nicer fashion than I do.

3. secularhumanizinevoluter November 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

” If anyone is influenced to vote a certain way due to a celebrity’s endorsement… perhaps they should not be voting.

I respect celebrities using their wealth to make the world a better place based upon issues they believe in… Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Bono, George Clooney come to mind… but when they start endorsing candidates? Turns me off in a royal way.”

Well thank you from the end all be all arbiter of who should and shouldn’t be voting….gosh….megalomaniac much? And idn that sweet…you have a fan club!

• Isis November 5, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

Right there with you… I find it annoying when people feel entitled to comment on who should be voting or not voting.

• whitepaw November 5, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

Isis… You have every right to be annoyed with me as I am annoyed with the celebrity issue. I have an opinion and you have yours.

• whitepaw November 5, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

Whatever SEC… whatever………………..

4. whitepaw November 5, 2012 at 9:59 pm #

This certainly is also going to be an unpopular statement. I would never inhibit anyone from voting, but I have opinions about what happens when those that are uninformed vote. I do not think only those that agree with me should vote. I am saddened when individuals vote without knowing why they are voting on the issue of for the individual. This will never change of course, but when you hear reasons why some cast a vote, it can be disappointing.

• cjoblak@hotmail.com November 6, 2012 at 10:06 am #

yeah, like I’m voting because obama gave me a phone.