GETTING FLAMED on Twitter is nothing new for anyone who dares voice an unpopular political view. But when you’re African American, a woman and a Democrat, but not supporting Barack Obama’s reelection, look out! Actress Stacey Dash has been under siege on Twitter after announcing her support for Romney-Ryan.

Dash was on Piers Morgan this evening and articulated plainly why she’s supporting Mitt Romney. In 2008 she voted for Obama. She also revealed that vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan had called her to thank her for her support, which clearly pleased Dash.

An actress, unemployed it would seem, Dash has a 22 year-old son who is an Obama supporter. She gleamed when talking about him, glad he has “a point of view.”

Stacey Dash was unabashed about why she supports Mitt Romney. She was also clearly unfazed by the hurled insults and slurs coming her way on Twitter.

To say I can relate to the racism being coming at Dash by Obama supporters is an understatement, though I get it for political analysis that states the truth as I see it, regardless of where it lands.

, , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to Paul Ryan Calls Stacey Dash Who’s Being Attacked on Twitter for Supporting Mitt Romney

1. cjoblak@hotmail.com October 10, 2012 at 9:44 am #

Good for Ms. Dash, standing up for what she believes in.

• Solo October 10, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Voting for a party that hates her community! Any African American, Gay, Hispanic, woman or working person who votes GOP is a fool.

2. Taylor Marsh October 10, 2012 at 9:46 am #

I absolutely agree. I happened to be channel surfacing and landed on Piers Morgan. Dash was terrific.

On another subject, I hope someone in showbiz offers her a gig.

• Solo October 10, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

Terrific is not the word that comes to mind watching Stacy Dash be interviewed by Piers Morgan. It was a pitiful spectacle, an African American actress supporting a racist party that is actively and brazenly (Bill Clinton’s word) trying to strip African Americans of their right to vote.

3. jjamele October 10, 2012 at 10:08 am #

Good for Dash. I assume she’s getting a lot of nasty, snarky garbage from so-called “Progressives” like Stephanie Miller on the radio who preach tolerance out of one side of their mouths and then denounce opposing opinions out of the other.

4. Ga6thDem October 10, 2012 at 10:35 am #

On one level i get where this is coming from. It’s how all the Obots behave and its’ nothing new. That being said, I think that everyone should have the right to support whoever they want and not subject to harassment from anybody. I mean this is the same behavior that Bush supporters exhibited back in 2004–people were called traitors and in the area that I live in some Bush supporters even advocated killing every Kerry supporter in the country.

5. secularhumanizinevoluter October 10, 2012 at 10:48 am #

Much like the High School student who was harassed by a TEACHER Ms. dash has the right to support and politician she chooses to.
    The racist crap they have both endured(the student is White in a predominantly Black school) is unacceptable and SERIOUS steps need to be taken…as far as the school Teacher is concerned to address this even up to suspending or terminating them along with SERIOUS workshops or counseling the rest of the school on the social repugnance of racist attacks, verbal as well as physical.
    That being said…as far as Ms. dash goes it is also the perfect right of the public…the people who ultimately pay her wages, to express their displeasure with her stand.
    The racist crap is more suitable for teabaggers…..WE are supposed to be the good guys REMEMBER!!! HOW ABOUT WE START ACTING LIKE IT!!!!

6. secularhumanizinevoluter October 10, 2012 at 10:50 am #

P.S. I think team Obama missed a GOLDEN opportunity….President Obama should have called the girl and hert parents and expressed his outrage at how she was treated.

7. Sasha October 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

When I was a Democrat, I had spirited conversations with my Conservative friends, however I was never attacked as viciously as when I threw my support behind Hillary over Obama. The attacks became worse and even more personal when I decided I would not transfer my support to Obama.

It is the climate that has been created from the divisive way Obama runs his campaigns and continued with the way he runs the country. The negative energy transfers.

Snoop Dogg, the rapper tweets ignorant and vulgar reasons to support Obama over Romney and it is found to be amusing.. Intellectual musings such as, “I like a Black nigga over a White nigga.”
    Stacey respectfully tweets her support for Romney and is attacked with every racist insult from the N-word to slavery references.

It was refreshing to see the instant and primarily Conservative support she received in an attempt to counter the attacks from the Obama supporters she was receiving.

Taylor, I don’t know how you take it and maintain your professionalism on a daily basis from all sides. My hat’s off to you.

• Sandmann October 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm #

“When I was a Democrat”

• Sasha October 10, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

Not sure what you are saying Sand.
        I was a registered Democrat until after the 2008 election, when I registered as an Independent..

Now my phone rings off the hook with calls from both parties to see where I stand on the issues.
        This never happened when I was a registered Democrat.

I encourage everyone to register as an Independent if you want your voice to be heard…

• Sandmann October 10, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

Oh, I’m just poking at you a bit. I’ve never been anything but an Independent, but labels aside for the moment, I’ve come to a personal understanding that the real battle taking place is vertical, not horizontal.

Isn’t it odd that in the richest nation on earth, the argument being made in many quarters is that we have to cut healthcare, education, wages, etc., to improve the quality of life?

8. Cujo359 October 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

I am not surprised that people who are progressives behave like jerks. Jerks are everywhere, and no group of more than a few people is going to be without one.

Ms. Dash should be able to express an opinion without that kind of reaction, but it shouldn’t be surprising that she can’t.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Trunkline 2012: Wednesday’s Word On the Campaign Trail « White House 2012 - October 10, 2012

[...] Ryan Speaks with Actress Stacey Dash Who’s Being Attacked on Twitter for Supporting Mitt [...]