Lena Dunham Ad Upsets Mourdock Supporters [Video]

IT’S ALREADY known around here that I’m a huge fan of the brilliant Lena Dunham and an avid viewer of HBO’s GIRLS. So, I’m sure you’re not shocked that I love this Obama ad.

Young women vote in much smaller numbers. If that wasn’t true, Al Gore would have become president. All these years later, getting out young women remains difficult.

Republicans for Mourdock are aghast!

Ben Shapiro over at Breitbart blew a gasket, as did Drudge.

Ronald Reagan did it! Doesn’t that make it okay?

The Washington Post reported on Nov. 1, 1980, on Reagan’s outreach to blue-collar voters:

What Reagan was trying to do in Illinois, Michigan and Ohio was to harvest usually Democratic blue-collar votes – the consistent target of his personal campaigning in the Great Lakes states. Whenever he is near voters who might possibly be Democrats, Reagan likes to remind them that he came from that side of the political tracks.

On Thursday night, at a working class bar in Bayonne, N.J., Reagan said, “I know what it’s like to pull the Republican lever for the first time, because I used to be a Democrat myself, and I can tell you it only hurts for a minute and then it feels just great.”

Vladimir Putin’s version of the Dunham ad for Obama [h/t AtlanticWire]:

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Lena Dunham Ad Upsets Mourdock Supporters [Video]

1. spincitysd October 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Somehow I knew this ad would make Republican heads explode. It combines two of their worst fears: Women with sexual agency and Barack Obama. Two thumbs up for Ms. Dunham!

2. cjoblak@hotmail.com October 26, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

our nation continues on it’s economic decline and as our middle class disappears, this is the best a young female democrat can come up with? hopefully, more young women are concerned about economic issues as opposed to getting taxpayer funded abortions and birth control. I can only hope.

• spincitysd October 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

So wrong on so many points.

BC is an economic concern, pregnancy is expensive, child raising even more so.

BC is part of comprehensive reproductive health, which is part of comprehensive health care.

These women PAID for that health care via their wages, and the jobs they hold! They paid for that service along with their employers.

Women have a basic right to control their bodies; got it? And your troglodyte objections to women’s full agencies are besides the point. We all pay taxes for shit we object to– got it? (Hello two wars of choice, one which we were lied into by BushCo.)

3. cjoblak@hotmail.com October 26, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

Gee, I never thought were very smart, spin, but, you are very good at putting a faux spin on my comments.

• secularhumanizinevoluter October 26, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

1.”Gee, I never thought were very smart, spin”

No, it’s been pretty clear for SOME time you’ve never thought, not to mention pretty stupid comes to mind much more quickly the smart.

2.”, but, you are very good at putting a faux spin on my comments.”

Gee, pointing out reality is “faux spin” well I guess to someone who never thought it might seem that way.

• spincitysd October 27, 2012 at 3:57 am #

Bless you Sec. BTW, my points are still valid and have not been addressed cjoblak; not that I expected them to be. Women pay for BC via there jobs– it’s a paid benefit and none of your tax dollars are involved. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• secularhumanizinevoluter October 28, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

You…you mean…faux not news, the repugnantklan/teabagger/UBERChristofascist party,cjoblak@hotmail.com and the Catholic Church are….gasp…LYING?!!!!!
          I am shocked…SHOCKED I tell you!!!!!
          Well, to tell the truth I am NOT shocked…not even the teensy, weensiest bit shocked or surprised….but you get my drift.

4. secularhumanizinevoluter October 28, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

And I think the ad ROCKS!!!! Hope the use it ALLOT!!! Especially on latenight comedy shows and MTV and Music venues.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Queer Talk: ‘You Don’t Own Me’ Still a Needed Declaration by Women [VIDEO] | FavStocks - October 28, 2012

[...] Taylor wrote Lena Dunham Ad Upsets Mourdock Supporters, which I later saw paired with the video below, with a “I approve this message” from the [...]