Ann Romey: Quit Beating Up on My Husband

IN AN interview in Iowa, Ann Romney turned her ire against her husband’s critics.

“Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said. “This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”

What’s hard is anyone in the 47% trying to survive on what Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan plan for the U.S. economy, not to mention how they want to tinker with entitlements, while building up the Pentagon beyond its current bloat.

, , , , , , ,

35 Responses to Ann Romey: Quit Beating Up on My Husband

1. angels81 September 21, 2012 at 11:07 am #

Poor Queen Ann, this is so hard. People just don’t understand that being Queen is a hard job, and all the critics should just STOP.

• Taylor Marsh September 21, 2012 at 11:10 am #

I know. My heart hurts for her.

• ladywalker68 September 21, 2012 at 11:24 am #

Wiping away tears…..

NOT! LOLOLOL!!!

2. Jane Austen September 21, 2012 at 11:10 am #

Does she think Mitt is entitled to a free pass in this election? Who’s playing the victim now?

• ladywalker68 September 21, 2012 at 11:25 am #

DING! DING!! DING!!!

3. Solo September 21, 2012 at 11:18 am #

And President Obama’s think he’s thinned skinned!

4. angels81 September 21, 2012 at 11:35 am #

How clueless can Romney be? He is handing bonuses out to his staff, while at the same time he’s borrowing money from the bank because his campaign is operating in the red. He seems to be running his campaign the same way he operated Bain capital, but Queen Ann say’s STOP IT. it’s so hard.

5. jjamele September 21, 2012 at 11:46 am #

I guess I’ll have to step in here and cut this woman a little slack. Yes, she’s a privileged, pompous elitist who has no idea what it really means to struggle. No, I do not want her as First Lady (though frankly, I don’t give a flying damn who the First Lady is and I think the position gets WAY too much attention- if the person I’m voting for won the White House this year, there wouldn’t even BE a First Lady.) But I think there’s something perfectly natural in her frustration- she obviously sees her husband in a different light than we do. If I thought my spouse was being misunderstood, I’d jump to her defense, probably blind to most of the faults people were constantly pointing out, and frustrated that they couldn’t see the person I see.

BTW, this “Queen Ann” crap is pretty damned stupid- last time I checked, the President’s wife had plenty of money herself- her last job before the 2008 election involved consolidating hospitals in Chicago, for which she was paid SLIGHTLY more than the Middle Class Average. Every First Family is going to come from the 10%, if not the 1%, so please don’t try to sell me on the Rich, Clueless Romneys v. Struggling, Understanding Obamas fantasy.

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

You are truly a piece of work! Are you actually denying there is a stark difference between the circumstances the Obama’s were born into and the circumstances the Romney’s were born into? President Obama was born to a poor single teen mother and spent some time on food stamps. Although we now know that Mitt’s dad was once of the 47% that he thinks are lazy/worthless by the time Mitt was born his dad was a millionaire businessman and 65 yrs ago a millionaire was then what a billionaire is now. Mitt was born into a million dollar household!

Ann Romney’s dad was the mayor of Bloomfield Hills MI and is rich in spite of the fact that she has never had a job outside the home in her life. She went from being a mayor’s daughter to being the wife of the son of the Gov! Compare that to Michelle (Robinson) Obama, the daughter of a municipal worker who dragged his ass to work everyday despite having MS and made sure both his children got the best education they could out of the seriously troubled Chicago school system. Ann Romney has MS as well but imagine has much harder life would have been for her if she wasn’t rich and had to go to work everyday? Michelle Obama took that public school education and made it all the way to the Ivy Leagues! Michelle is a self-made person who earned everything she has.

Both Mitt and Ann started out with all the advantages a person could want and to say that doesn’t mean anything is crap. The stories of the Obama’s and the Romney’s are stories of contrasts, one couple was born into privilege the other was born into poverty. “Every First Family is going to come from the 10%, if not the 1%, so please don’t try to sell me on the Rich, Clueless Romneys v. Struggling, Understanding Obamas fantasy.” The Obama’s do not come from the 10% or the 1%! That is a provable fact! Their story is the very picture of the up by your boot straps story but of course you don’t like them so your first instinct is to dismiss their accomplishments and push a false equivalency! Sad!

• jjamele September 21, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

Yeah, Obama had the typical African American Experience- grew up in Hawaii, a few years in Indonesia, Ivy League Schools….just like pretty much every African American kid born in the early 1960s.

BTW, you told you! That constant use of! Exclamation Points! Makes one’s posts! More plausible!? You just sound like a girl having a temper tantrum because you hear someone failing to acknowledge as perfect! Like you said, he doesn’t need my vote! So get over it!

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

My point was the economic circumstances of his upbringing not the geography! For the record there are poor people in Hawaii! I have been there!

• PWT September 21, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Don’t forget, Moochelle only got that particular job after Bigger was elected to the Senate and that they never bothered to fill the position after she left.

$300,000/year is slightly more than the middle class average.

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

Moochelle? Bigger? Really? Christ!

• PWT September 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

I like the Bigger nickname bacause it fits with the whole car narrative. With the economy cruising along so well, how come Bigger doesn’t use it more often/

• jjamele September 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

I can’t even bring myself to borrow to respond to Solo’s knee-jerk “how dare you criticize him even in the slightest” teen-crush rants. Waste of time.

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

It’s not that you can’t be bother, it’s that you can’t period! You can’t argue any of my points! Well at least you know when to surrender, at least there’s that!

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

JJamele & PWT! President Obama didn’t need your votes in 2008 and he needs them even less in 2012! He will win this election without you vote! Not to worry I will be there to talk you down from the ledge late Nov. 6th when the networks call the election for President Obama! Maybe!

• secularhumanizinevoluter September 21, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

“That’s the only way that we repugnantklan/teabagger/Uberchristians know how to think right?”

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!!!!! You actually told the truth for once!!!! I thought I saw the Devil buying an overcoat…hell truly must be freezing over!!!!!

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

You are truly a small person! People like you make every Obama triumph that much more satisfying.

• PWT September 21, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

Whatever “triumphs” you may credit to Mr. Obama, they are likely only political. The economy still sucks, entitlements are still on an express track to insolvency and the middle east is in worse shape than when he intervened. But, he’s got the Lilly Ledbetter act to crow about.

But, back to my question, why do you suppose that he doesn’t use the car analogy anymore?

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

Well PWT judging from all the polling data the majority of the people in this country seem to disagree with your assessment of our young President!

• PWT September 21, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

There is only one poll that matters and that only gets taken in November.

Given that there are so many Obama “triumphs”, why don’t you list some, aside from the Lilly Ledbetter law as we’ve all been able to see the resounding social and economic impact of that “triumph”.

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

PWT: That is what people who know they are losing say!

• PWT September 21, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

So, no triumphs to speak of.

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

Wow! Obamacare, a bullet to OBL’s face, Iraq war is over, two women on the supreme court! Any of that ring a bell? Let me guess none of those things are a big deal cuz Obama did them?

• jjamele September 21, 2012 at 4:26 pm #

Proving once again that you are an incredibly illiterate person. I’ve said time and time again that I think Obama will win this election. That it’s ALL you care about is so very sad. You suggest that I am a “small person.” I think that someone so wrapped up in the political career of any politician, to the point of jumping down the throats of anyone who dares question him at all, is much, much smaller.

I’m really worried about you- what on Earth are you going to do when this election is over and Obama is a lame duck? What on Earth will you live for when the blogosphere no longer requires your incessant, repetitive “Obama Is Great And I’m His Biggest Fan” nonsense?

• jjamele September 21, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

And “our young president” again- that’s twice in two weeks you’ve used that phrase. Seriously, get a room. You are so obviously infatuated, it’s downright creepy.

I don’t know how old you are, but Obama is 51. A bit younger than average as far as Presidents go, but not so much as to justify your weird obsession with his age. You are one step away from reminding us of that photo of Obama in the surf. Get help, please.

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

I could turn that around! What will you do when Obama is out of office? Who will be the recipient of your irrational hatreds?

• Solo September 21, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Maybe you’ll get lucky and Deval Patrick will run for President and you can turn your attentions to him. I am sure that none of his accomplishments will matter to you either!

• jjamele September 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Why do you equate Deval Patrick with Barack Obama downthread?

Do “they” all look alike to you, Solo?

Is that the real reason you jump to Obama’s defense, swoon over his “youth,” etc. all the time? Because he’s black?

I know it was a clumsy attempt to accuse me of racism (super classy and mature there, and SO like you) but you ended up stepping in it yourself.

You see Obama and Patrick as the same person, because they are both black. How pathetic. And how unsurprising.

6. secularhumanizinevoluter September 21, 2012 at 11:50 am #

YOU PEOPLE just don’t understand! YOU PEOPLE never had to manage the household staff who were raising your children while you were a stay at mansion mom!!! I am so upset I am going to dope up another horse and pawn it off on some sucker!!!!

7. Jane Austen September 21, 2012 at 11:53 am #

You know what they say “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.” This is the season of “nasty.” Just ask John Kerry, Max Cleland and the others who were Swift Boated. Mrs. Romney ain’t seen nothing yet.

• angels81 September 21, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

The funny thing about her whine was, she wasn’t crying about them nasty democrats and Obama, she was crying about right wing republican critics. It’s so hard being royalty.

8. guyski September 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

Yes, if you don’t go to the link, you get the impression she is complaining all.

9. Lake Lady September 21, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

I think Queen Ann fits very well. It is her sense of entitlement that has given her the nickname. She has just about used up all of her positive juice in my opinion. She and her husband have used the terms ” you people” and “those people” too much to take it any other way. She did not even know the names of the poor couples who came to the RNC convention and told their sad family stories in order to showcase Mitt’s mythological compassion. Can you imagine either Clinton or Obama not knowing their names??

I get that anyone will defend their husband and not understand why others don’t see his sterling qualities but how can she respect him? After all she has seen all of his flips and flops and total turn arounds..which one does she think he is?