Chicago, You Have A Problem, So Does Boston

TWENTY PERCENT OF DEMOCRATS voted “no preference” in North Carolina’s presidential vote. In a state where Pres. Obama and the Democrats are dropping tens of millions of dollars to have their convention, these numbers out of North Carolina last night are sending chills down Democratic spines.

It comes after Obama’s reelection launch in Richmond, Virginia made international news for the much smaller crowd assembled, complete with empty rafters.

A smaller turnout for Pres. Obama in Ohio made Twitter, with pictures showing a lesser crowd than expected.

Partisans will jump on this as being all about Obama, but Mitt Romney is not setting voting hearts on fire either. Obama beat Romney in total votes in North Carolina 759,523 to Romney’s 634,848.

Hilariously, in the tweet of the day, Romney received only around 2,200 voted above the jailbird from West Virginia!

American voters are sick of our entire political system and the elites who buy our elections.

That’s the takeaway on this one, which shouldn’t exactly make anyone in Chicago sleep easily the next six months. That goes for Boston, too, but they were already a little restless due to a primary season that made a fool of their nominee.

, , , , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Chicago, You Have A Problem, So Does Boston

1. Rick Roberts May 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Taylor, if you’re going to give us the takeaway, why bother writing the article?

I read it thoroughly and couldn’t find you suggesting the NC protest voters were racist as you did earlier today about the WV voters. Oh, and shame on you for doing that. Shame, shame, shame. You should apologize.

• PWT May 9, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

At least she didn’t label them “meth-addicted hillbillies”.

There’s a word for inaccurate and simplistic generalizations about a group of people…

• PWT May 9, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

I don’t know if that makes them Democrats or Republican, I mean most republican hillbillies that I know stick with the rock…

• Solo May 9, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

She should apologize because she expressed an opinion you don’t agree with?

• Rick Roberts May 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

She should apologize for branding a bunch of West Virginians racist based on zero evidence. Are their field interviews? Any major studies? Further, it is insulting to say that about the WV people and let the NC people off the hook.

• Solo May 9, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

The contortions you are willing to do to avoid the obvious is truly incredible.

• Rick Roberts May 9, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

You are a lunatic, Solo. WTF are you talking about?

• Solo May 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Sorry dude but that 40% vote for the felon in WV was a racist vote period.

• Rick Roberts May 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Solo, skip on down the thread and call Fairmindedinpendent a racist.

2. casualobserver May 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I, for one, cannot continue to absorb this relentless stream of depressing news.

What are we concerned statists to do?…….swallow Prozac by the bottle? Have our “protest vote” for the Green Party candidate this November memorialized by an obscure footnote to the overall voting totals? Forsake clean clothes and personal hygiene and join the Occupy Dubuque, Iowa?

I am giving very serious thought to structuring my life to forsake my statist ideals and become a highly self-sufficient libertarian in which I educate myself in a valuable occupation, strive diligently and work long hours while I am young to get to the top of the game so that by the time I am in my fifties, I can be comfortable in knowing I need not any government to subsist me and therefore, I can give little concern to who is in government or what they do in government and spend my golden years fishing for tarpon off the back of my boat.

Boy, if I had only had the wisdom to do that back in the 70s.

3. Solo May 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Today on the same day President Barack Hussein Obama came out in favor of marriage equality and his opponent Mitt Romney came out against it. Tell me there is no difference between the party’s now.

• Rick Roberts May 9, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

Good for us gay folks, but the overwhelming majority of people who have been suffering for years now don’t really give a flip one way or another. They want an economy that works and is fair to anyone willing to work, and they don’t want their taxes going down a shithole for stupid wars and to support layabouts who won’t even try to work.

4. fairmindedindependent May 9, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

I live in West Virginia and voted in the primary and yes, I voted in the democratic primary and yes I voted for the “jailbird” it was a protest vote, at least on my part. Alot of people that voted are upset because they think President Obama is against the coal industry, which is a hugh no, no here.

• Rick Roberts May 9, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Fairminded, you are such a big, old meany racist! Or at least Taylor thinks you might be. And Solo is certain that you are.

Put that meth pipe down and go take some racial sensitivity training and stop trying to think for yourself.

• cjoblak@hotmail.com May 10, 2012 at 9:41 am #

good one, Rick!!!

• Solo May 9, 2012 at 4:51 pm #

Give me an example of something President Obama has actually done that justifies you labeling him anti-coal!

• Ga6thDem May 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

This is the problem with being a cipher of a candidate. While people can project all kind of positive qualities onto you they also can project negative ones too or ones not based in reality.

• Cujo359 May 9, 2012 at 9:35 pm #

I don’t see any reason to think that Obama is “anti-gun”, either, but I’ll bet you can find a whole lot of folks who think he is. They will think that because the folks they trust tell them so.

Obama has been touting “clean coal” as a solution to our dependence on imported oil, which to my way of thinking is about as honest as touting perpetual motion. I don’t know what reasons people in WV think they have to think otherwise, but I’d say that’s as likely that they are deluded as that they are racists.

So, there are alternative explanations, they just don’t fit your prejudices.

5. StrideHyde May 9, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

Ga6thDem: you so hit the nail on the head.

6. Mawm May 10, 2012 at 11:08 am #

I’m not disagreeing with you in general about Obama having problems, but I’m not sure if the NC vote is really telling.

I am definitely voting for Obama, but when I cast my vote I didn’t fill in anything for that bubble, since there was no one running against him.