Ted Nugent Doesn’t Retreat, He Reloads

Of course, Dana Loesch got the follow up story and the quote. Dana and Ted make a perfect media pairing.

From “Dana TV,” via Huffington Post:

“I’m a black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally,” the rock star complained to Loesch. “And there are some power-abusing, corrupt monsters in our federal government that despise me because I have the audacity to speak the truth.”

Nugent continued: “I spoke at the NRA and will stand by my speech. It’s 100 percent positive. It’s about we the people taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration, the communist czars he has appointed.”

As a born Missourian, it’s hard to believe how right wing the state has become, something my former Republican brother, who used to be in politics in Missouri, laments as well, even if our politics are diametrically opposed. The state of how Missourians felt about women’s rights was one reason I knew I could never live there permanently, though why I left was because dreams of Broadway danced in my head.

, , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to Ted Nugent Doesn’t Retreat, He Reloads

1. Marie205 April 18, 2012 at 10:41 am #

I bet if the left says the exact same words but reference them about Romney…the right would be screaming for Obama to denounce his supporter. Ted Nugent does not have to apologizing for his hateful rhetoric…because there many anti-Obama voters that feel the same way he does. Romney can’t afford to anger this hard core group of right wing voters. So, he will try to slid by this offense comment made by one of his supporters. Just like Romney didn’t denounce Rush for his Sandra Fluke disgusting comments…he will keep retreating, while his supporters like Nugent go on reloading on anyone that disagrees with their vile statements.

2. Marie205 April 18, 2012 at 10:52 am #

And one more thing about this uproar over Nugent comments. I find it strange how all during the Bush presidency…the right demanded the office of the presidency be respected. Anyone remember the huge backlash the Dixie Chicks… got when one of the members dared to express her honest opinion of how she felt about Bush…Now, that a Republican is no longer president it seems like bashing this president has become their personal hobby.

I wonder if Romney does manage to win in 2012…will they once again demand we all respect the presidency.

3. Lake Lady April 18, 2012 at 11:22 am #

All I can say about Mo is that it has been ruined by propaganda and faux Fox news. People spout their talking points ad nausum. It does not help that chains of all kinds like Subway only play Fox on their in store sets, same is true if you are waiting for your car repair. Fox is everywhere.

It is bad enough that my life long Republican brother now says he has always been independent and a moderate. Amazing for him to say that since we have fought politics at every family gathering our whole lives. It is a family joke, we empty out rooms full of people.

We mostly agree now.

4. secularhumanizinevoluter April 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

This serial pedophile, gun nut loving, President Obama and the Constitution hatting imbecilic moron thinks if President Obama is re-elected this time next year he will be either dead or in jail? One can only hope.

5. Sasha April 18, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

Both sides do it and you are not being honest with yourself if you don’t admit it.

MeSsyNBC could not even report the story without laughing all over themselves when the guy threw his shoe at Bush.

Things won’t change if Mitt wins. Just today on Morning Joe they were taking their regular disrespectful shots at Mitt.

Face it, the media leads the very ugly discourse and then wants to be the first to call out the other side for the same bad behavior.

As far as celebrities they ALL feel entitled and therefore spew their hateful political opinions until it hits them in the wallet.

• Sandmann April 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Both sides do itâ„¢ No, they don’t.

• Sasha April 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

delusional. :roll:

• casualobserver April 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

Sandmann, there is this nifty thing called an internet search engine and it can shoot down just about any absolutism you utter. Cheerleading is a honest activity…….trying to deny reality isn’t. Just stick to the former.

- A man who in 2008 made verbal threats towards Bush at the White House fence where he left a suspicious package;
        - A student who was quoted in a 2007 school publication as saying, “I would like to shoot George W. Bush, because in my opinion he is the worst president ever. After that was accomplished, I would be known as a national hero”;
        - A mentally deranged man who threatened to blow up the White House in January of 2009;
        - A graduate student who posted online threats against Bush in 2006;
        - A guy who was turned in to the authorities by his own girlfriend after he threatened to kill Bush during a phone call;

• Sandmann April 18, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

Both sides do itâ„¢ my ass, you know that the lion’s share of ignorant statements and general dumbassery comes from the Fox News crowd that you choose to enable, and I’m amused that you think the walls of legalese you post obscures the BS.

6. Sasha April 18, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

Ted Nugent will be meeting with the Secret Service.

The Secret Service are still waiting on Farrakhan to confirm his meeting… :???:

• Rick Roberts April 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm #

Indeed. And the New Black Panther thugs.

7. secularhumanizinevoluter April 18, 2012 at 6:13 pm #

sasha I am actually quite happy when you stop by. It is always fun and educational to see a great example of just how delusional and self chosen break with reality out of it the wingnutesphere is. Thanks for the reminder.

8. secularhumanizinevoluter April 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm #

Nugent is a self confessed and victim coroborated rapist of underage girls. Courtney Love said she was TWELVE when he had her preform oral sex on him. Now if all these Priests are getting busted for having sex with children decades ago…why hasn’t he?!!!!!!!