Pres. Obama at the Political Insiders Prom

“What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? A pit bull is delicious.”Pres. Barack Obama

AT THE 1% INTERSECTION OF ELITISM, access and insider greasing.

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t funny.

I’m sure someone will find something wrong with Pres. Obama’s prepared jokes, because it wouldn’t be fitting to just enjoy the hilarity without bitching about some perceived slight or offense.

“We gather during a historic anniversary. This weekend last year, we finally delivered justice to one of the world’s most notorious individuals,” Obama said to a packed ballroom at the Washington Hilton.

A photo of Trump was shown, rather than that of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Obama then went back even further in time.

“Four years ago, I was in a brutal primary battle with Hillary Clinton,” Obama said. “Four years later, she won’t stop drunk texting me from Cartagena,” a reference to the city where Secret Service agents allegedly consorted with prostitutes.

The President of Cool, baby.

The king of the White House Correspondents’ Dinner remains Stephen Colbert roasting of George W. Bush.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

37 Responses to Pres. Obama at the Political Insiders Prom

1. fangio April 29, 2012 at 2:39 pm #

That whole red carpet scene with the gowns was really too much. What is this, the Oscars?

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

It’s a big, incestuous love-in.

2. Sandmann April 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

Louis C.K. would’ve demolished the place.

3. whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

I did not think Obama was very funny this year. Much better in past years. Personally, not a fan of the dog jokes, especially the pit bull delicious one….but just me.

Fallon was great — loved the ear joke (cover your ears of it is humanly possible).

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

Meant Jimmy Kimmel… was .. great

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

Whitepaw, have you noticed that comments were turned off on another thread where several of us had a vigorous dialog going?

4. secularhumanizinevoluter April 29, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

I thought he looked like he was having a good time. I thought his delivery and timing were pretty good. Michele was abso-fracking-lutely BEAUTIFUL.

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

Michelle was definitely gorgeous as always…

5. dafederalist April 29, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Good one…not as good as last year…(BRILLIANT)….but nothing …NOTHING tops Stephen Colbert skewing GEORGE W. Bush…..that one was absolutely brutal to watch…..talk about chest nuts roasted on an open fire…

6. ladywalker68 April 29, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

Typically, I don’t watch but decided to. It gave me some chuckles. I don’t have any others to compare it to so I thought it was pretty funny.

7. whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

OT — And apologies Taylor, but it appears comments have been closed on the link below and I do not think we have an in the news option anymore? Correct me if I am wrong.. apologies again.

Just commenting on Sharpton’s and Trayvon’s family request for no violence in L.A.

With that said, I would have appreciated if Sharpton had not earlier led a rally shouting, “No Justice, No Peace”. I would say this is a very mixed message:

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

Yes, why were comments turned off? Taylor doesn’t like criticism that she cannot refute. This is not the first time I have experienced it here. I used to feel welcomed here, even when I was being a contrarian, but I’m not feeling it anymore. If you just want an echo chamber, well, shun those of us who challenge you, but the conversation will be much less interesting.

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

Hi RR… I think it is just a matter of space and blog posts that are downstream.

I really doubt Taylor has been trying to stifle any discussion that she does not agree with.

I am happy to have a board to express opinions on with all of you. :grin:

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

Sorry, dear. You are wrong on this one. I know WordPress inside and out. That is not what is going on here.

I suspect we will not see anymore posts about Trayvon here because Taylor doesn’t want anymore of these conversations. Funny, though. The Trayvon posts are the only ones generating vigorous comments.

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Hi RR… The only reason I disagree with you is that the post below the one we both referenced, also has the comments turned off… and there were only 3 comments.. 2 from me and one from Sec.. But it was not a very heated discussion. Anyway — Take a look and see what you think (Am referring to the link about Gritty Girls)..

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Hmm. WordPress does allow the admin to end comments after a certain number of days, but that period has been long on Taylor’s site. Maybe she has decided to shorten that period because many (mosts) of the newer posts weren’t getting much, if any, attention.

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

I will create one. Email me at rick@flyingdingo.com.

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

That video is absolutely disgusting. They will all be eating crow when evidence is revealed, but big media will not correct the record. Sadly, I don’t think Taylor will correct her incorrect presumptions either.

“Hoodies on they heads.” Oh, my.

8. Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

Taylor, we are in your living room, of course, and you have every right to welcome or shun as you see fit. Can you at least let us know what the rules are?

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

Like I stated above — Do not think it is intentional…. just a matter of board maintenance.

It would be great to have in the news again, or if not, more open threads for all of us die-hards that feel the need to discuss at any time..

Thanks for the venue Taylor!

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm #

Taylor used to engage with us, but she has stopped. I think Taylor realizes she jumped the gun on this one, and now she doesn’t know how to save face.

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 9:23 pm #

Hi RR — I think Taylor has much more to deal with than this issue. From my perspective, it is a matter of a small group on this board very interested in this subject… and others that have different interests. Would I like to see more threads about this subject? Absolutely. Even if they are open threads. Do I expect Taylor to spend her time on this subject? No… She has clearly stated that her interest lies elsewhere. But she still provides a forum for us.

I do not find fault with Taylor or anyone on this board for having differing views than me, but I also respect that I can present my views here, even as others disagree. I aso do not expect a reply from Taylor ever. She is always looking towards the next post. She may respond when she thinks someone is spot on, but I do not expect her to think I am spot on always, or even sometimes.

I simply appreciate the format…

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

Again, as I say, it is Taylor’s site, and she will do what she has to to shape the traffic and conversation to her liking. I just think it’s a bit rude to make arbitrary changes without informing those who have been around here for a while.

Our opinions have evolved together, we have come to know one another, and that knowing has been what has made Taylor’s place interesting. I am sad to see it changing.

9. Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

Why does Sharpton drop into that sing-song, bad grammar vernacular when speaking to black audiences? It is an insult.

• Sandmann April 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

Quit thread-jacking, you thug ;-)

• whitepaw April 29, 2012 at 9:25 pm #

Oh Sandman…

• Taylor Marsh April 30, 2012 at 8:29 am #

Point to Sandmann. :!:

• Rick Roberts April 30, 2012 at 8:32 am #

Taylor, is awarding points the extent of your willingness to engage with us?

10. dafederalist April 29, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

RR you are seriously delusional when it comes to this subject. I can understand your resolve that the evidence be heard in a court of law. But that was the issue in and of itself. Had it not been for the public demand for just that this whole Trayvon Martin thing would have been swept under the rug. Florida has this stand your ground law in which it’s original intent was to ensure that people with justifiably defending themselves arrested or sued. But I ask you this…what gives anyone the right, ( after being told the police are in route and not to follow…telling the dispatcher that you lost him…and then magically find the person who by all account was trying to get away from a crazy person who was following them) to deny someone else that same right to defend their self? I’ll follow your lead on this one…wait for George Zimmerman to get his day in court…but I suspect that the Stand your Ground Law will not be applicable to a person who was pursuing someone..and if it is applicable…it may apply to Trayvon Martin. Just something for you to think about.

• Rick Roberts April 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

But I ask you this…what gives anyone the right, ( after being told the police are in route and not to follow…telling the dispatcher that you lost him…and then magically find the person who by all account was trying to get away from a crazy person who was following them) to deny someone else that same right to defend their self? –dafederalist

When the dispatcher said, “OK, we don’t need you to do that”, Zimmerman said OK and headed back toward his vehicle. He had lost sight of Trayvon, but Trayvon obviously found George. Trayvon decked him and was beating his head on the ground. George had no choice but to get control of his own gun lest it me used on him by Trayvon.

11. ladywalker68 April 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

RR–This is Zimmerman’s version. There are no witnesses back this up and unfortunately, Martin is too dead to tell us his version. And even if Martin did throw the first punch, did you ever take into consideration that Trayvon may have mistakenly thought he was being pursued by this stranger who may have had the intention of attacking him? So thinking of it as preemptive, pre-mugging self-defense, Martin punched Zimmerman who fell back and bumped his head on the ground and then things went sideways with GZ pulling out his gun and shooting because he never expected in a million years that someone might seriously challenge him? It seems to me that if Martin had been pounding Zimmerman’s head as badly as he claims, there would have been a lot more damage than what the photos that I’ve seen reveal, not to mention, it doesn’t seem that his nose was broken as he claims. Usually a broken nose bleeds like the dickens.

Just sayin’. You are putting a whole lot of credibility in Zimmerman’s word.

• dafederalist April 29, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

I’m still waiting for a link to this picture of the broken nose myself! But I’ll wait for the process to work. If George Zimmerman gets off fine…I hope where ever he moves to…cause I’m sure he wont be welcomed in Florida…he gets some counseling and learn to live with the fact that he is a child murderer. If chooses not to get help, and tries the same thing because he got away with it the first time, I hope the next person he targets puts him six feet under.

• jjamele April 30, 2012 at 6:59 am #

Wow, there’s a lot of lynch law mentality and presumption of guilt in that one little sentence. If Zimmerman remains in Florida, he’ll be murdered, you hope. If he’s found Not Guilty, he ought to seek counseling, because he’ll still be a child murderer- as far as you are concerned. That’s pretty sad.

• Rick Roberts April 30, 2012 at 8:21 am #

Defederalist, you should be ashamed of yourself. Let’s hope you are never picked up under dubious circumstances. George will be cleared of facing trial or acquitted at trial. Then you all who jumped the gun will have some soul searching to do.

• jjamele April 30, 2012 at 6:57 am #

At this moment, Zimmerman’s version is as believable or as unbelievable as anything else out there. This is why it was right for him to be arrested, and why there needs to be a trial.

• Rick Roberts April 30, 2012 at 8:24 am #

Ladywalker, you all will be happy to know that I am running out of energy and patience refuting the stupidity, but here goes again.

George’s word happens to backed up by police, paramedics, and witnesses. I hope you are prepared to say you were wrong when this whole mess is finished.

12. Rick Roberts April 30, 2012 at 9:31 am #