Photo in Search of a Caption

Madalyn Starkey, a University of Colorado Boulder student

You likely know the story by now.

It went viral online and screams for a caption.

Consider this your thank the gods it’s Friday open forum. Any topic goes.

, ,

23 Responses to Photo in Search of a Caption

1. Marie205 April 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Aside…from this being an awful photo. I would go with this caption “I can’t believe I voted for this guy”…lame I know. Or, “I can’t believe Obama knows my name.” I am not good at this caption thing.

• cjoblak@hotmail.com April 27, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

good one, Marie! LOLO

• Solo April 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Of course President Obama is in it so it’s a terrible picture. Keep your day job.

2. secularhumanizinevoluter April 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

I can’t believe the repugnantklan/teabaggers actually make President Obama look good!

3. Rick Roberts April 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

I don’t have a caption, but it’s a very cute picture.

4. PWT April 27, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

“You can close your mouth babe, I ‘aint Bill”

• Rick Roberts April 27, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Oh, please. Shame on you.

5. jinbaltimore April 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

“OMG Can you even believe it?…Pleats!!!”

6. Sasha April 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

“He’s gonna be pissed when he finds out I slept with his Secret Service agent last night!”

7. Cujo359 April 27, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

“Mom, it’s Kobe Bryant!”

Yes, IOW, I got nuthin’…

BTW, I noted SIPRI’s latest list of the top 15 defense spending countries. We’re still way in front, though China’s starting to look like a serious competitor. If they ever float the renminbi, they may start looking even more serious.

• Sasha April 27, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

:lol:
      Cujo, very clever jab at my favorite Laker!

8. Sasha April 27, 2012 at 9:16 pm #

Uncle Al just threw shade at Fox news for inviting Kim Kardashian and Lindsey Lohan to the White House correspondents dinner.

Really Al.
    Kim could buy and sell you with the change in the bottom of her designer handbag.

Lindsey the cokehead will fit right in with most of the correspondents, from what I hear…

I remember not long ago, Uncle Al took Lisa Raye aka Diamond the stripper to a White House event.

Don’t throw stones Uncle Al… :roll:

• whitepaw April 27, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

I really wish there was a like option Sasha.. ;-)

9. Solo April 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm #

You guys just never take a day off from the Obama hating.

• Rick Roberts April 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

Hating? Nobody here hates Obama. Chill.

10. RAJensen April 27, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

Here’s a topic, how about the Rasmussen and Fox Polls. Rasmussen used to be one of the most accurate pollsters until he became Fox News in house pollster after the 2008 election.Fox News has become one of the largest GOP Super Pacs and its even seen in their polls. They always show about a 5 point bias to the GOP..

Rasmussen just released polls showing Romney ahead of Obama 46-45 in swing states including Florida. The only problem is that Rasmussen is the only pollster that shows Romney ahead of Obama in Florida or any of the swing states.

His latest poll also showed the majority of those polled think the GM bailout was a failiure. Huh? Here is how the question was worded and how Fox leads the responders to the conclusion they desire which then becoms a Fox News Channel talking point for the next 24 hour news cycle..

The Rasmussen polls are all robo calls. Federal election law prohibets robo polls from calling cell phones. I wionder what Demographic groups are cell phone only and who are missed in any of his polls. Rasmussen and Fox word their questions to lead the responder to lean GOP.

Nate Silver has pointed out how Rasmussen and Fox are biased. After becoming a Fox News pollster after 2008 Rasmussen had the worst record in the 2010 elections calling threeTea Party candidates incorrectly beating their Democratic oppnents in his last poll before elction day. He had Sharon Angle beating Harry Reid in his final Nevada Senate poll for the fourth consecutive poll the Rasmussen published

• jjamele April 28, 2012 at 10:14 am #

No week is complete without RAJensen coming in to give us the latest poll numbers.

As near as I can tell, he believes that the polls mean

1) “Shut up! Obama is Awesome!”

2) “Shut up! Obama is going to win anyway!”

3) “Shut up! All that matters is winning! Winning means you are good! Winning means that what you are doing is right! Yay winning! Principles are for Losers!”

• jinbaltimore April 28, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

hee hee

11. fairmindedindependent April 28, 2012 at 1:58 am #

I was reading a article that said that a CNN anchor gasps after Madalyn Starkey said if she wasn’t going to say on tv if she was voting for President Obama.

12. T-Steel April 28, 2012 at 10:08 am #

I also think it is a funny and cute picture. A friend of mine who didn’t vote for President Obama and won’t vote for him in 2012 said he would do the same thing. He said it all:

“Dude! It’s a lucky once in a lifetime picture. I would go crazy!”

LOL…

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 28, 2012 at 10:55 am #

Indeed, I think it is a hilarious picture and would trade the two remaining wisdom teeth in my skull for the chance.
      I actually had done a art glass door installation at a client/friends house who after the installation had a fundraiser for then candidate Obama. I COULDN’T believe he didn’t get a picture of soon to be PRESIDENT Obama in front of my door!!!!!!!!!

13. whitepaw April 28, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

I have a picture in my high school yearbook standing next to George Herbert Walker Bush… I may scan it sometime and post. Not that I was a Republican then (or now), but every election year in Portland they hold a mock national convention, and alternate between Republican and Democratic conventions… The candidates come to town (when they can)… and this was during the primaries when Reagan and George HW Bush were competeing for the nomination (before Bush became Reagan’s running mate). Anyway, my high school was the state of Texas and I was the chairperson, so I greeted HW Bush at the airport and drove with him to the Memorial Coliseum… where I introduced him to the masses… Hence the photo op. He was very nice and it was a fun memory for me.

This all happened at the same time that Mt. St. Helens blew. I remember seeing the ash cloud from the Coliseum in the morning while we were holding the mock convention…. and the ash that was on my VW bug many times.