It’s Not ‘Walking While White,’ It’s the Rodney King Syndrome

“Justice for Trayvon” mob beatings are now a rising cause for the right, with a horrific crime leaving one man in critical condition.

Elevating “walking while white” is the most absurdly tortured false equivalency someone can hoist as an answer to George Zimmerman killing Trayvon Martin. But that’s what Erick Erickson was happy to legitimize when he drew attention to this post via Twitter.

And this is the third racially-motivated attack in which the attackers explicitly cited “Justice for Trayvon” as a motivation or excuse for the brutal attacks.

1. The Baltimore Beating. This was the videotaped gang attack on a drunk St. Patrick’s day reveler whose crime was Walking While White (Content Warning).

Baltimore’s Chief of Police says it’s not a hate crime. He’s very worried about the politics.

There’s one problem with that: the attackers say otherwise. The man identifying himself as the cameraman who giddily filmed the attack on the white tourist says…

“Lil Darren” is clearly an idiot. He’s angry, too. His reaction to the Trayvon Martin killing triggered it, which reminded me of another situation that lit another city on fire.

I lived in Los Angeles during the Rodney King beating, trial and riots that engulfed part of the city. When King was beaten by police, which was caught on tape, the outrage was understandably red hot. The tape of the beating was played over and over again on TV. But when the venue to try the policemen involved was changed to Simi Valley, a bleached landscape where many police and firemen live, the outcome was set, many residents thought, including myself. When the verdict came down everyone knew what was coming.

When the National Guard was brought in, I was downtown as an independent writer and watched the tanks move in to the city. It was surreal.

The tragic beating of Matthew Owens, seen in the video above, which was fueled by a “justice for Trayvon” temper explosion, is the same sort of thing and it’s despicable.

What it’s not about is the ridiculous notion of “walking while white.” There’s no white man burden in America, though the right’s been stoking this since affirmative action was born.

It’s about fury.

It’s about the righteous injustice African Americans have had to contend with for over a century. Mobile, Alabama, where Matthew Owens was beaten to within an inch of his life, has a deep history of racial bigotry and violence. That a mob in Mobile could relate to the gunning down of Trayvon Martin through violence shouldn’t shock America.

“Driving while black” is part of the “trying to hail a taxi in New York while being black,” which is part of “walking while black,” all of which can lead to arrest, walking home, or getting killed, especially if you’re wearing a hoodie.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

85 Responses to It’s Not ‘Walking While White,’ It’s the Rodney King Syndrome

1. Solo April 24, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

One of the rare instances where I agree with Taylor 100%! African Americans who engage in pointless tit for tat assaults are not doing their community any favors. All they are doing is playing in the hands of the racist right. LIL Darren is an idiot. I hope he and all the perpetrators of this crime are arrested and brought to justice.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 26, 2012 at 5:33 am #

“All they are doing is playing in the hands of the racist right.”
      Let’s not forget the racist left.

2. whitepaw April 24, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

I agree this is not walking while white and is related to the Rodney King incident.

But while there was clear video footage of Rodney King being beaten, thus far we have not seen such proof evident of Zimmerman’s guilt. This may come out in trial.

Nonetheless, emotions are running high, and from my perspective, Al Sharpton has been one to fuel the flames. Many insist that had Sharpton not gotten involved, there would have been no arrest. This may be true, but as there was a scheduled Grand Jury to decide upon this, we will never know. It is not as if the initial States Attorney just said it was over and done with… Zimmerman was not arrested the night of the shooting, but he may have been later, even without the media circus that evolved.

So what happens now if Zimmerman is acquited or if the charges are thrown out due to insufficient evidence? Is it wrong to predict riots may occur? This also seems to offend many ..that based upon past history, it is predictable, especially with the understanding that some have been attacked of late … in justice for Trayvon.

If Zimmerman is acquited, he will never be found innocent in the public arena… even if he truly is… even if he is telling the truth. And I stress “if”, because I just do not know… as none of the posters on this board know either. He may be acquited due to insufficient evidence, and for this the Sanford Police Dept. will be blamed….

3. Marie205 April 24, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

Apparently, LIL Darren has never heard the phrase, “Two wrongs don’t make a right.”

4. Sasha April 24, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

All they are doing is playing in the hands of the racist right.

Solo, you do realize there are racists everywhere don’t you. Your White House talking points don’t exactly fit here.

The “this is for Trayvon” beatings have been happening for a while now. I am not sure if the media is not covering them or if the victims don’t want to be further targeted. If you pay close attention you will notice the attacks have been happening from Florida to California. Soon they will start happening everywhere and the lines will blur.

This is very dangerous and I wonder if Rev Al really knew what he was starting.

5. Jell-OH Schott April 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Sasha, how has Rev. Al “started” these attacks? Specifics please.

6. Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

Savages.

7. Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

It’s about fury. It’s about the righteous injustice African Americans have had to contend with for over a century.

Wow, Taylor. You make the mob action by a bunch of animals sound almost noble. Righteous injustice. Just wow.

Folks, enough with the victim mindset. Many of us are fed up with people continuing to fall back on the history of slavery, Jim Crow, or racism, perceived or real, to not do something for themselves to do better in life. Too many use race to get away with not trying and settling for mediocrity or worse, which is an incredible insult to the numerous hardworking, successful black americans of note.

The people who did this to Mr Owens are ruthless savages. Nothing more. They represent an extreme danger to their community and should be locked up and kept locked up.

I agree that any effort to create a walking while white meme is ridiculous, but fury and righteous injustice? Hogwash. Blatant nonsense. These were thugs did what thugs do, and they will receive the punishment that thugs deserve. Enough is enough.

8. Sasha April 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

@Jell,
    The Rev created the atmosphere of racial tension surrounding this case.
    He screamed everyday about hate crimes and racial profiling on his show.

Today information travels immediately and often times unchecked.

People are suffering and not working and for young black men the unemployment numbers are the highest. 40% in some areas. A perfect storm.

The MSNBC show gave him a powerful platform and there needs to be responsibility an accountability. I did not see this. To be fair Rev Al was not the only member of the media who acted irresponsibly.

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

Spot on, Sasha. Anyone who doesn’t see that Sharpton is a provocateur is either blind and deaf or stupid.

• whitepaw April 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

I agree as well… MSNBC needs to cancel Sharpton.

• Solo April 24, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

You are quite the progressive. Someone says something you don’t like and your response is to try a shut them down. If you don’t like Sharpton’s reporting don’t watch his show. For the record people like said the exact same thing about MLK 50 years ago.

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

Solo, respectfully, it’s not just that we don’t like what Sharpton is saying. If that’s all it was, you would be absolutely correct. I am totally with you.

The trouble is that Sharpton’s rhetoric, some things he has said, and conclusions he has drawn are based on pure conjecture. This is getting people all wound up so tightly that the whole affair is not going to end well. He is provoking the worst instincts in people. This behavior should not get the imprimatur of MSNBC.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 5:41 am #

Solo how can you be so blind, deaf and stupid? I mean, RR doesn’t even KNOW any white boys his age who are racist, THAT’S how progressive he is! Blacks just need to wake up to the fact it is all in their heads, there isn’t any racism anymore, other then that that comes from Jackson and Sharpton, white racism is over!!

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 5:37 am #

“@Jell,
      The Rev created the atmosphere of racial tension surrounding this case.
      He screamed everyday about hate crimes and racial profiling on his show.”

Because of course we know hate crimes against Blacks and racial profiling don’t happen right? I mean, RR doesn’t even KNOW any people his age who are racists!!
      CLEARLY Sharpton is just making this up right?

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 8:06 am #

Same leap of logic I address below. You are a broken record, Sec. Go back to bed.

9. Jell-OH Schott April 24, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

You fine ladies might want to check out the decision in Brandenberg v. Ohio. We have a concept enshrined in the Bill of Rights called freedom of speech. If you don’t like Rev Al’s show, don’t watch.

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

Freedom of speech is fine, but MSNBC is a commercial enterprise. They are the ones giving Sharpton the forum.

10. casualobserver April 24, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

Far be it from me to interrupt a friendly fire exchange on the other side of the DMZ, so…..carry on.

As far as TM goes, I do salute her for calling this out. However, as far as whining about Erick Erickson….wow……the High Priestess of Hyperbole calling out a mere deacon…….”George Zimmerman was clearly evidenced felonious intent”…..”the failure to provide birth control substances to all women at no out of pocket cost to them is a “War” on women………..I can only assume that she is jealous that another blogger coined a potentially catchy one.

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

Oh, dude!

• casualobserver April 24, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

What, you didn’t appreciate a little snark in the afternoon? Ok, let’s add a little substance.

Good post by you at 3:10. You were correct to call out a meme which has been perpetuated for 30 years beyond its expiration date.

Sure, I accept there is the “result” of much more unemployment, much more incarceration, much more premature death, much more dead-end lifestyles amongst young black males than their white counterparts……statististics say so. But, what is the “cause” of that result?………the college admissions boards all over the country not admitting enough qualified black applicants or, just not enough qualified black applicants?

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

I have stopped caring about the cause. Everyone has a responsibility to help himself and behave himself. Opportunities follow from that.

• ogenec April 24, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

Imma let you finish, but you need some education, nahmean? You and RR share an affinity for superficial analyses of socioeconomic issues. Either you don’t understand them, or you are deliberately distorting them. Regardless, you are not shedding much light – only heat.

Your real sin is conflating race and class. Because I can guarantee you that most middle-class African-American kids do not behave in the ways that so frighten Rick. And as further evidence of the fact, look at the ways immigrant Black children behave – Carribean, African. You will find that most adhere to the norms espoused by Amy Chua (aka Tiger Mom) – indeed, by our lights, she’s a piker. Now, let’s flip over to a real peer cohort of RR’s black thugs in downtown Atlanta: How do crime statistics etc. compare in Southie? In Appalachia? In Native American communities?

You don’t answer these questions. Heck, you don’t even ask them. You just extrapolate observations of a certain social strata of African-Americans into observations of ALL African-Americans. Observations that are wildly off the mark. So RR believes that all upwardly mobile African-Americans live in white enclaves. That right there tells me he doesn’t know many black Atlantans. I do, and while a significant number of them behave as he posits, most do not. In DC, where I lived until recently, many successful African-Americans live in Potomac, Chevy Chase and Great Falls. MOST live in places like Fort Washington, Shepherd Park, LeDroit Park and 16th Steet Heights, majority-black neighborhoods all.

I abhor the jeans-dropping, drawers-showing culture myself. But Sean Carter (better known as Jay-Z) parlayed that same culture into a net worth of $500 million and counting. When, by definition, you don’t have middle class role models like lawyers, doctors etc. to emulate, you aspire to be rappers and ballplayers – folks you do see on TV. All the stern, finger-wagging lectures in the world don’t obviate the fact.

I’m guess what I’m saying is, if you don’t care about the cause, you will never get to the solution. And since we all care about the solution (at least, I hope we do), let’s try to get the analysis right.

And now I’m off to listen to Kanye and Jay-Z’s Murder to Excellence: “It’s a celebration of Black excellence/Black tie, black Maybachs/Black excellence, opulence, decadence/Tuxes next to the President….” That’s my shit, son! ;-)

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 7:33 pm #

You know what? You play sociology class with them all day long for the next forty years if you want as long as whatever you do is keeping the dangerous ones and the offensive ones away from me, my loved ones, my property, and my hard-earned and paid tax dollars.

This country has tried one thing after another, but the ones who need it most, whether it is race or class, don’t ever seem to grasp that they, too, have to contribute to their own uplifting. I’m just over it.

As I have said before, enough already. Just enough. The black community has a responsibility to heal the black community and stop all the whining, blaming, and excuse-making. Just fix it already and let the rest of us know when it’s safe to come out.

How about you get your ass down to an urban center and do some preaching?

• Sasha April 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

Lol @ ogenec,

please don’t glorify Jay of all people. I know that he has moved up in class by marrying Beyonce and being buddies with Barrie, however, he has said in his own words that he started out as a drug dealer. Even after JayZ made it he stabbed a colleague in a night club. After having a beautiful daughter, he did not take a stance against referring to women as bitches and hoes.

Regular guest at the white house or not, Jay is not exactly representative of Black excellence.

• ogenec April 24, 2012 at 9:06 pm #

@Rick – I don’t preach. But I do mentor. I have several young brothers I’m mentoring right now. And my friends and I sponsor an academy in Atlanta that educates troubled teens. We maintain contact with them throughout the year. And every September we show up in person to present them a check and host a career panel. We’ve done this for the past five years, and have a 100% graduation and college acceptance rate. Keep talking about stuff you know nothing about.

@Sasha – thank you for making my point. Those words aren’t mine – they’re Jay’s. He’s come from the Brooklyn projects to being a one-man conglomerate (as he says, “he’s not a businessman, he’s a business, man!”). That’s pretty impressive. I don’t think he’s the role model for black excellence either – my tastes run more towards the late Reginald Lewis or Bayo Ogunlesi (Google him). But Jay does, and so do lots of folks in the hood. That’s the point.

• Sasha April 24, 2012 at 9:59 pm #

My apologies ogenec.
            I misunderstood your post when I first read it.
            I went back and reread it.

Nice to hear you mentor.
            Now that is Black excellence.

• Sasha April 24, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

Ogenec, I did google Bayo Ogunlesi . Impressive.

I always liked the Lewis family.

11. guyski April 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Freedom of speech vs. commercial enterprise. Wonder how much has been made off of this so far? Millions? Tens of Millions? What is the potential revenue stream from a televised trial?

Coverage of the Casey Anthony trial was a ratings boom for cable television; especially HLN and Nancy Grace. Increased viewership equals increased revenue.

• Sasha April 24, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

MSNBC certainly needs the money. Maybe that is why they turned a blind eye to the early manipulation of evidence…

Were the trademarks in place before this story went live?
      How is everyone making money? Are they working or being paid by the networks?

12. Sasha April 24, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

I have no problem with the Rev Al’s freedom of speech. He is now a member of the media and needs to show responsibility. If these problems continue to escalate the result will be far worse than what we saw in LA during the Rodney King riots. The arrival of the National Guard was surreal, however in 1992 Bushie did not have nearly the power Barrie has grabbed since taking office in 2008. He has been quite busy expanding his power to be used in the event of a national emergency.

13. whitepaw April 24, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

I find it odd that MSNBC and other networks pick and choose who they will keep or let go…based upon similar issues (according to what the viewer sees). All or most of the shows are editorial in nature, but some are allowed more freedoms than others. It just shows the political bias of networks these days (of course I would include FOX and CNN in this, although I rarely watch FOX).

• Sandmann April 24, 2012 at 7:20 pm #

I suppose MSNBC and Fox News are two sides of the same coin as they are both owned by mega-corporations, but in a fact check contest, I would put my money on MSNBC every time.

14. fangio April 24, 2012 at 7:07 pm #

It’s a culture of violence, plain and simple, and it’s going to get worse; get used to it.

15. T-Steel April 24, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

As a recovered black nationalist (that use to condone this type of behavior by other black folks), I just shake my head. Because there is always some “incident” that causes “the races” to make sweeping indictments. I respectfully disagree with you TM about the cause of the fury. The cause is self-hatred. A self-hatred that is started many moons ago with slavery and was perpetuated by black folks throughout the decades. Let me tell y’all something. Non-blacks can’t fathom at times the DEPTH of black self-hatred. It has caused the light-skinned/dark-skinned black folk divide. The “black hair in its natural state is ugly” view with the black community. And it feeds into these false crusades against a perceived enemy. “I hate myself so I really don’t give a damn about someone else”. Now anyone can have self-hatred. But it is an undercurrent throughout the black community.

That’s why I absolutely HATE what Sharpton and Jackson did. It’s very easy to whip up those who have no love of self. And then those “whipped up” become heat-seeking missiles. But hey, it can be overcome. Happens all the time. We black folks are an emotional and expressive lot in general. Works for and against us at times. But in the end, it adds to the wonderful culture of America. Except when stoked “black leadership” for “gain”.

• T-Steel April 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

My grammar sucks… LOL!

• whitepaw April 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

T-Steel — First … your grammar does not suck! We all have grammatical errors in our posts (certainly there will be some in mine)..

That said, your post makes me very sad… the issue of black self-hatred. To think that there is even a divide amongst blacks over the lightness of skin color. How awful to feel inadequate over appearances. Personally, as a VERY light skinned female of Norwegian ancestry, I find the skin and complexion of blacks to be beautiful…. no matter the intensity of color. I am envious!

What can be done to help with this issue? Years ago I read a book by Lena Williams, entitled “It’s the Little Things: Everyday Interactions that Anger, Annoy and Divide the Races”. I recall a passage that described how the author (a black woman) was annoyed in an elevator, watching as a white woman flipped or ran her fingers through her straight hair. I was shocked at the time as I often push my straight hair away from my face, and would never anticipate that it would offend anyone (as long as I did not flip my hair in their face of course)..

16. Antonio April 24, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

Racism is not our enemy…the differences in our physical makeup is nothing but a distraction. Those that have the power to create laws and make war will always be our ultimate concern…it was in the beginning, it is now!

As I stated before we will all die and when we do, it will still be here, so will many other things…but our focus today in the 21st century is too great now to be distracted by it, or Al Sharpton.

“Those that have the power to create laws and make war “

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 10:07 pm #

Dude, racism and the other isms are indeed our enemy, but it is important to distinguish when one of those is occurring and when it is something else.

• Solo April 24, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

So your willing to admit racism exists in the abstract but when presented with evidence of a specific case you hit the denial button.

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

No, no. Racism absolutely exists. Give me a single example where I have ever denied otherwise.

Tourè is an example of a racist. So is Louis Farrakahn. And being from the south, I have know lots of white racists, they the ones I have know were a generation or two ahead of me. I don’t know any white racists my age or younger.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 24, 2012 at 10:45 pm #

“I don’t know any white racists my age or younger.”
            You don’t own any mirrors?

• Solo April 25, 2012 at 12:44 am #

Do you even know what the word racist means?

17. Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

Antonio and T-Steel, why do I get the idea your points of view are not well-accepted (if they are even expressed) in your community? Tell me I’m wrong. I would love to be wrong.

• T-Steel April 25, 2012 at 8:54 am #

It’s talked about BUT it gets quite nasty at times. The light-skinned/dark-skinned divide got so bad at a family reunion I attended back in 2005 that several fights broke out. The light-skinned (white-collar and upwardly mobile workers) vs. the dark-skinned (blue collar workers). RR, it’s a deep complex issue. I MEAN DEEP. Here is something that you don’t hear about: there were and still are black folks that say the only reason Obama became POTUS is because he was “lighter skinned” and acceptable to white and black folks. If he was the same complexion as Herman Cain, he wouldn’t have gotten close. Yes, it’s like that. I can write about this for years but hey, we all got things to do. LOL!

Black folks are not monolithic. But “black leadership” presents a monolithic appearance and many blacks don’t argue. Why? Because we are drilled by family to not criticize successful blacks. Look at how far they’ve risen! But those risen blacks must have the “acceptable black leadership” credentials in order to be fully accepted. It’s an ingrained view that doesn’t fully play out day-to-day EXCEPT when “issue-ized”.

18. Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Spike Lee, come a runnin’, honey! There has been an outrage in Mobile!

• Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

And bring Jesse and Rev Al, too. They need y’all down there!

19. Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

Ogenec, thank you for mentoring. May I ask what specific, practical advice you give to these young men? I am also very interested in the frustrations you encounter, and when you do, do you think they are more generational or class-based? This is good stuff.

• ogenec April 25, 2012 at 9:40 am #

RR, will send along some thoughts later today.

20. Rick Roberts April 24, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

Oh, look everybody. Sec has risen. Sec, did you mean your nap to last that long? You old coot. Go back to bed. It’s dark already.

21. fairmindedindependent April 25, 2012 at 4:22 am #

How sad about whats going on. This does not help Treyvon Martin and it makes the situtation worse. The media in this country should be ashamed of themselves in the way they have handled this case. They are always trying to fan the flames. Shameful !!

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 5:48 am #

YEAH! They should have quietly let this pass away into the fog of time, just another dead Black kid after all, and heck, RR will tell you that he would have probably just been offed by another Black kid if Zimmerman hadn’t stalked him for being Black.
      Nothing to see, here, quietly move along.

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Shame on you, old man. Shame.

• Solo April 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Your exactly right, if the media didn’t report the news the world would be a much better place.

• Rick Roberts April 26, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Media have done way more than simply report, and you know it. That goes for Taylor, too.

They will have blood on their hands when this things blows up.

22. Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 8:05 am #

Secular says this: RR doesn’t even KNOW any white boys his age who are racist, THAT’S how progressive he is! Blacks just need to wake up to the fact it is all in their heads, there isn’t any racism anymore, other then that that comes from Jackson and Sharpton, white racism is over!!

That’s quite a leap of logic there, Sec. Didn’t you get your nap out today? I said I didn’t know any racists my age or younger. That’s true, and it means my friends and the people I know are not racists. It is not the same as saying there are no more racists. Now you take that back.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 10:23 am #

I believe the correct response would be “bite me”.
      It would be easier to entertain your ridiculous claim “I said I didn’t know any racists my age or younger. ” if your posts weren’t dripping with standard boiler plate repetitions of the attempts at rationalization heard from the racist likes of limpwithnoballs, OLielly and Handjobity and their ilk.

ogenic@”Your superficial posts simply beg the question. The issue is not whether colleges are not admitting enough qualified black applicants because there are not enough qualified black applicants. The issue is (or should be) “Why aren’t there enough qualified black applicants”? Now RR says he doesn’t care about the cause; everyone has to behave with appropriate deportment, and opportunities will inexorably follow. That’s the Clarence Thomas bootstraps argument. I don’t mean that as a slight; I actually respect Justice Thomas in many respects. But what most don’t know is that Clarence thrived because he had grandparents who pushed him when his parents could not. Family structure is essential, and is hard to develop RR’s perspective without it.”

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 10:38 am #

I believe the correct response would be “bite me”.

Intelligent, reasoned, sober response. Good one, Sec.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 10:51 am #

And completely correct in tenor and degree of disdain.

By the by

Since you apparently live on some planet other then this one you might want to check this out regarding the delusions you harbor concerning racism being a thing of generations other then the young.

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Stop being a dummy.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 11:46 am #

“Sec, you are still not arguing logically. I only referenced the people I know, not all people. I am only one person and can only know so many people. Not once, not ever did I say you should extrapolate my own experience to make assumptions about what all people my age and younger think.”

Goodness but you are the disingenuous lil skippy aren’t you. You CLEARLY imply that your male bovine fecal matter “opinion” is the current state of race relations, that it’s older folks and not young ones like you.

Antonio, it would be a shame if you went into moderation for stating reality. When you take RR’s wingnut talking points in their entirety it’s pretty difficult to come to any other conclusion. But he does love to see his male bovine fecal matter in a post don’t he?

• ogenec April 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

“AND Clarence Thomas was helped by affirmative action admissions policies for College and Grad School.”
        __________

100% correct, Sec.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm #

Which he now opposes along with the rest of the repugnantklan/teabaggers and no doubt RR.

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

Yes, I oppose racial preferences and set asides. Absolutely. Bill Clinton was correct with mend it but don’t end it, but now is time to end it. People need to do for themselves.

23. Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 8:10 am #

No, Solo, I don’t know what the word racism means. Enlighten me, please. Me not so smaht.

24. Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 10:01 am #

The Mob in Mobile

A real leader with Sharpton’s profile would travel to Mobile, denounce the Owens beating, announce that this is not how self-respecting members of any race should act, and call for swift and sure punishment for the attackers whether their motives were racial or just hateful and vicious without regard to skin color at all.

25. Antonio April 25, 2012 at 11:18 am #

With all due respect I must say this…I realize i might go back in the “hole” (moderation) but I feels it needs to be said….

this guy Rick Roberts to me is an asshole, race baiter, social divider, and one miserable little fuck. This guy is so miserable and hateful he don’t even recognize when he’s been offered support…the classic backwoods racial ignorant asshole that’s living in the wrong time. Why does anybody waste time with more than an initial contact with this dipshit! My last conversation with this piece of shit is done, even if it was only one. Sure he has the right to comment, and if responds like himself he’ll do it a thoundsand times with the same old negative bullshit.

Sorry Taylor

By the way…secularhumanizinevoluter you were right…this guy is a stone racist!!!

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 11:22 am #

Sticks and stones, as they say, but you offer not a single smart refutation of anything I have said. Care to try? Try hard now. Thinking is truly hard.

• Sandmann April 25, 2012 at 11:49 am #

This guy Rick Roberts to me is an asshole, race baiter, social divider, and one miserable little fuck.

SOP for Boortz acolytes.

26. whitepaw April 25, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Interesting read about the gated community where George Zimmerman lived prior to Trayvon Martin’s shooting:

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

“Then came 2005, and a series of troubles. Zimmerman’s business failed, he was arrested, and he broke off an engagement with a woman who filed a restraining order against him.

That July, Zimmerman was charged with resisting arrest, violence, and battery of an officer after shoving an undercover alcohol-control agent who was arresting an under-age friend of Zimmerman’s at a bar. He avoided conviction by agreeing to participate in a pre-trial diversion program that included anger-management classes.”

Explain to me again how this guy got a permit for any gun let alone a conceal carry one?!
      And the bottom line, even taking this puff piece at face value, is because Trayvon was a young black male and Zimmerman felt the police always let “these assholes always get away” a 17 year old who’s only crime was being black is dead.

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

Very interesting indeed, Whitepaw. More and more comes out to destroy the narrative that the race pimps have been pushing. They are all going to be eating a big, heaving plate of crow. Now maybe they will turn their attention to real problems in poor, black communities and away from these conjured problems.

I read below that Sec called this a puff piece. It shoots his stupid narrative to hell, and so he calls it a puff piece. Yeah, that Reuters. They are so known for puff pieces.

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

I wonder what sort of person owned the menacing pit bull. I think I know. Starts with th and ends in g.

27. Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

House Dem proposes federal grants to stop racial profiling

Are you kidding me, Eleanor?

28. secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

Yeah Eleanor, RR thinks there should be TRAINING in racial profiling!! I mean, THOSE people are just that way after all!

• Rick Roberts April 25, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

Isn’t it your bedtime, Sec? Drink your milk and go to bed.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

Shouldn’t you be at a racial profiling class? OH that’s right, you already have that DOWN!

29. Rick Roberts April 26, 2012 at 8:19 am #

Life sentence in Bobby Tillman stomping death

Tragedy.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 26, 2012 at 10:32 am #

Yes, yes it is. And your point being? Are you trying to imply that somehow this is more of a tragedy then the death of Trayvon?

• Rick Roberts April 26, 2012 at 10:52 am #

Not at all. It’s such a shame that we don’t hear Jackson, Sharpton, et al address this culture of violence much, if at all. They don’t address it because culture, unlike skin color, can be changed, and they don’t want to address the people participating in all this. That would mean shining a lot on the culture, to put pressure on them to take action to change it. If race pimps made changing the culture their focus, they would have no future, and they know that. So instead, they focus on incidents where blacks are victims of white violence. That’s how they keep their power. Blacks being victimized by the culture of violence in the black community offer Sharpton and Jackson nothing to exploit.

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 26, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

You know I really am beginning to think you really don’t see yourself as racist, which is even more pathetic then the ones who at least are honest enough with themselves to admit and own that truth.
          Jackson, Sharpton, hell even Farachan have ALL addressed many times over Black on Black violence, MANY times. But that is either news to you or because it doesn’t fit your self enabling mind set you choose to ignore.
          Then your little gem
          “They don’t address it because culture, unlike skin color, can be changed, and they don’t want to address the people participating in all this. That would mean shining a lot on the culture, to put pressure on them to take action to change it. If race pimps made changing the culture their focus, they would have no future, and they know that. So instead, they focus on incidents where blacks are victims of white violence. That’s how they keep their power. Blacks being victimized by the culture of violence in the black community offer Sharpton and Jackson nothing to exploit.
          When the black community decides to face up to and fight this culture of violence, life in urban America will become more peaceful and safe for black families. And the rest of us.”

You are quit frankly pathetic with your sanctimonious , either ignorance or prejudice based pronouncements about what THOSE people need to do.
          You REALLY seem to believe that the only thing wrong is THOSE people are just TO lazy to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.
          And you are to fu*ked in your scared lil white boy head to even see that.

30. Rick Roberts April 26, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

Sec, how about you supply references where Sharpton and Jackson have ever rallied, called on the media, and marched arm in arm behind a banner and chanting enough is enough after any one of these senseless acts of violence among black people. I couldn’t find any, but I would love to eat humble pie on this one. So, let me know. I’ll be waiting.

As to my “sanctimonious pronouncement”, what are your ideas to stop the mayhem? Do you have any ideas, Sec?

31. secularhumanizinevoluter April 26, 2012 at 7:55 pm #

“http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_20471709/al-sharpton-jesse-jackson-join-rally-kendrec-mcdade
    WOW! That took all of one second.
    RR give it up. You just dig the hole deeper and deeper. It’s like a drunk trying to convince the Bartender he’s not drunk and he should serve him you know? It’s getting embarrassing.

• Rick Roberts April 26, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

Um, no, Sec. I’m not letting you off that easy. That demonstration is current day, after the Trayvon Martin shooting. Give me evidence over several years when Sharpton and Jackson have put as much energy into rallying against black-on-black crime as Sharpton put into Tawana Brawley and Freddie’s Fashion Mart.