Ann Romney’s Mitt-ism

“I love the fact that there are women out there who don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids. Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isn’t easy for any of us.” – Ann Romney

I bet women who don’t have a choice but to work and raise kids would rather live in a society where day care was accessible and affordable, with national health care offering benefits for people who can’t afford to insure their kids on their own.

Now, I’m not a fan of ACA, as people know, but having the alternative be no national health care at all is nuts.

Mitt Romney used to think health care was important, too. In fact, Republicans going back to Richard Nixon used to believe that national health care of some sort was imperative in America.

What happened to those Republicans?

, , , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Ann Romney’s Mitt-ism

1. fangio April 25, 2012 at 10:04 am #

Amazing how good ” tricky Dick ” looks these days!

• Taylor Marsh April 25, 2012 at 10:49 am #

It’s a revolting development for Republicans, which should give them pause, but since the wacko right is driving they’re stuck with Mitt Romney.

2. secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 10:13 am #

had Nixon been able to reign in his paranoid inner demons and just do the job instead of listening to the amoral creatures(Cheney, Buchanan etc.) that surrounded him he actually would have gone down as a very good President. But he couldn’t and opened the floodgates to the fever swamp that makes up republicanism today.
    As for stay at mansions moms like Ann Mittens and her comment
    Right up there with “I like to fire people”.

3. StrideHyde April 25, 2012 at 10:40 am #

She *loves* that there are women who don’t have z choice?….? Am I missing something?
    The ACA has its problems as do all systems. But to advocate for nothing as an alternative is a dereliction of duty.

4. StrideHyde April 25, 2012 at 10:41 am #

*a* choice, not *z* choice, darn fingers.

5. casualobserver April 25, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Ok, we have 3 “against” and a few more “for”………you guys need to do something fast or this could easily get away from you…..

“Moms for Mitt” has been drawing in users at blistering speed. By the end of the day on April 15, when the page was created, nearly 35,000 users were already engaged. Four days later, that number doubled to 70,000. On the afternoon of April 24, more than 80,000 people have “liked” the page and 56,872 are “talking about this.”

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 11:32 am #

What in heaven what ain’t even there’s name are you gibbering about? Are you seriously attempting to say mittens and his stay ay mansions mom wifey are popular with anyone other then die hard repugnantklaner/teabaggers?

• Isis April 25, 2012 at 11:57 am #

Ok, we have 3 “against” and a few more “for”

You can add me and make it 4. And your comment is ridiculous by the way.

6. secularhumanizinevoluter April 25, 2012 at 11:37 am #

Just googled Moms for Mitt. A creation of the mittens campaign with 80,000 over 55yr old repugnantklan/teabagger women followers….WOW! Old repugnantklan/teabagger white women….REALLY representative of the female vote skippy!!

7. StrideHyde April 25, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

@casual: “3 against and a few more for…” what are you talking about?

8. casualobserver April 25, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

Apologies if I was insufficiently didactic, but I prefer to deliver my sarcasm mildly veiled. If you don’t get it, don’t worry, it wasn’t intended for you.

More specifically to your concern above…….”am I missing something?”

Yes, you are. It is something called “context”. Lefty bloggers are famous for taking political opponents statements out of context and trying to build a narrative from the one sentence, as if that sentence in isolation was the actual point of the person speaking.

Some more “context”:

“My hats off to the men in this room too that are raising kids – I love that, and I love the fact that there are also women out there that don’t have a choice and they must go to work and they still have to raise the kids,” she said. “Thank goodness that we value those people too. And sometimes life isn’t easy for any of us.”

• casualobserver April 25, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Open-minded people will realize she was “loving” the women themselves, not their situation. These women do have it tough, yet they have the mettle to raise children despite the obstacles. She is saluting these women.

• mjsmith April 25, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

casualobserver – Thanks. Men that raise children have it tough too. I also apreciate you clarifying the context of the statement. Lets face it, the smear campaign against Mrs. Romney is just getting started. Lies, whispers, outragous distortions against her are just getting started and it is only going to get worse.

• Sandmann April 25, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

“The raven chides blackness”

• secularhumanizinevoluter April 26, 2012 at 10:38 am #

UNLESS you are a stay at mansions mom and have 8 maids and nannies to do all that yucky house work and watch the kids….but I LOVE the fact that there are women who don’t have any choice….unlike me and the rest of the 1%.
      THAT puts this individual and her knowledge of what women go through in CONTEXT.

9. StrideHyde April 25, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

@casual: thanks for the context, I appreciate it–no sarcasm. I am certainly not worried about not getting your sarcasm, I’m happy to say. I’ve also observed that most bloggers with a political axe to grind are selective about context–both “lefty” and right.

• casualobserver April 25, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

Well, if you are indeed reading non-left blogs, then I “salute you” as well.

In both dietary habits and reading about politics, balance is crucial to one’s health and sanity, respectively.

• whitepaw April 25, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Thanks casual for the context as well…

10. ladywalker68 April 25, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

What in the heck does she mean by this? I assume what she means is that if we elect her husband, then she guarantees that such women AND men for sure will continue to have no choice, no access to affordable child care or affordable health care, and will be doomed to a life riddled with no choices and full of poverty.

“We have ours and will suck up anything you might have left over and continue to dole it out in corporate welfare. We are the 1%. We don’t care about your srtuggles.We don’t have to.”
    Love,
    Ann & Mitt

11. StrideHyde April 25, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

Not sure about balance. More like equal opportunity insanity. I’ve noticed most are using the same source material. What’s fun is seeing who leaves out which facts. Both sides do it.