One of my favorite shows (ever) is the “Golden Girls.”
Whenever the girls reminisce or have a group pow-wow, cheesecake is the immediate vicinity. And just like that, problems were solved and good times ensued.
But you don’t always have the time to make a cheesecake, and these are so terribly easy and yummy, you’ll grab your best friend and catch up like a golden girl in no time!
Recipe adapted via Martha Stewart
42 Oreo cookies; 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped (I usually add more than 12)
2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
*Makes about 30
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- Melt the chocolate using this method or the microwave. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beat well. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat to combine. Beat in sour cream and salt. Add melted/cooled chocolate.Ã‚Â Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide the batter among the cookie-filled cups. Bake until set about 22 minutes. Let cool, and refrigerate in the tins at least 4 hours or overnight.
As is custom, this is an open thread! Let me know what’s on your mind or whats been happening in the news.
Oh and thank you for being a friend.