Newt Gingrich Can’t Beat Barack Obama

NEWT GINGRICH WINS SOUTH CAROLINA

Memo to GOP Star Chamber. RE: Not Losing the *(&#! House and Senate GOP Majority w/ Newt Disaster. Time for a Secret Meeting. – Mike Murphy tweet

UPDATE (10:00 p.m.): Once again I want to make it very clear, I do not have a candidate in the race in 2012. I will not support any candidate this year. The headline is simply a statement based firmly in reality.

Romney got clocked in South Carolina. Gingrich was in full grandiosity swoon that doesn’t lend itself to synopsis. But his characterization of Pres. Obama is unrecognizable & loopy. GOTV jet engine for Democrats. If Newt doesn’t implode it’s a first. The graph on CNN with women & men listening in Florida went sky high for males, plus for women, but lower. Earlier, priceless Chris Matthews on Gingrich in Florida: “vibraphone of erogenous zones,” referring to playing all the ethnic richness of the state.

A great mentor of mine used to say you can’t win until you’ve lost the fear of failure. Mitt Romney as underdog, could he turn into a force? Republicans sure hope so.

Rick Santorum serves up working class red meat, making the pitch for vice president.

Ron Paul seems to be talking not just about 2012, but addressing what he hopes will be a revolutionary movement that will be passed, I believe, to his son Rand Paul.

_____original post below_____

America does not love Romney, but boy do they hate Newt. – Washington Examiner

The polling compilation from the Washington Examiner article linked above won’t surprise many, especially the girls around here.

Fox News, 1/12-1/14:
Obama, fav/unfav, 51%/46%, +5
Romney, fav/unfav, 45%/38%, +7
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 27%/56%, -29

CBS/NYT, 1/12-1/17:
Obama, fav/unfav, 38%/45%, -7
Romney, fav/unfav, 21%/35%, -14
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 17%/49%, -32

PPP, 1/13-1/17:
Obama, app/dis, 47%/50%, -3
Romney, fav/unfav, 35%/53%, -18
Gingrich, fav/unfav, 26%/60%, -34

Mr. Cool versus Mr. Ice Mitt Romney, who’s now trying to hold on instead of trying to win, at the very least represents the corporate Wall Street decay in both parties for all to see. There’s some educational benefits to this contest.

Mr. Cool versus Mr. Ick Newt Gingrich reveals the rot of Republicans, but it also lets Pres. Obama off the hook on any substantive challenge that won’t be reduced to race baiting “food stamp presidency” invective.

Maybe that’s what the America people have earned for their laziness and lack of involved citizenship. People don’t seem to care that indefinite detention is real and that we continue to hold people at Gitmo without trial, because we’re too squeamish to incarcerate them with murderers in maximum security prisons. The ideals on which this country was founded are less important than the fear factor pushed by both Democrats and Republicans, with Pres. Obama’s refusal to lead continually revealing what ails us.

Leading from behind didn’t start with the bombing of Libya, though it is the first time our sleepy national press picked up on it. Pres. Obama’s entire leadership style is to lead from behind so as not to put himself too far out in front on any issue. With a majority in Congress his first two years he negotiated with himself on the stimulus, while bargaining with private insurance and drug companies, never stepping out on health care, until he sided with Stupak for optics. Leading up to the 2010 midterms, Obama hung back on offering an economic message, then extended the Bush tax cuts when he got shellacked. On the Keystone Pipeline decision this week, it wasn’t made boldly on the side of principle and the potentially dangerous environmental impact; instead it was no for now, blaming his decision on Republicans who wouldn’t give him more time, with the win more to do with activists raising a ruckus than anything. On contraception, which could have easily been embedded earlier in ACA, the decision came down just yesterday on the heels of a report that had an Obama official warning that the budget to come wouldn’t be liked by the left. This requires warning? Pres. Obama works through delivering carrot (contraceptive coverage) and stick (scuttling Plan B) tactics that depend on his political needs (the coming budget to woo independents) and have a foundation in austerity, choosing conservatism as his guide.

When it comes to women, Mr. Ick, who’s always had a problem with female voters and for very good reasons, doesn’t stand a chance against Mr. Cool.

Oh, and the video above has gone viral. …as well it should. Did you hear those squeals?

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

102 Responses to Newt Gingrich Can’t Beat Barack Obama

1. ladywalker68 January 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Spot on Taylor.

Selecting Newt as the Republican candidate will do what an entire army of Obamabots could never pull off…and that is to get me to vote for the re-election of President Barack Obama. And I will do that in all good conscience, without even holding my nose.

And for anyone who has been reading my posts here, yes, that means I believe that Newt is THAT BAD!

2. Art Pronin January 21, 2012 at 4:33 pm #

I cant see newt winning the nomination. its teling that romney in iowa and now sc cant pull it off. maybe Im wrong but i cant see newt aking it through against mitt. then again if newt can keep tapping into emotions like this can he do it??

3. secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

“However, up against Newt Gingrich little would matter beyond the ick factor of this despicable man.”
    INDEED!!!! And while Newt might make me FER SURE go to vote I would STILL have to hold my nose as I pushed the button for O.

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

You and a lot of other people, secularh.

4. Solo January 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

Hate is like a boomerang, it always comes back to destroy the perpetrator! The GOP base is so blinded by their hatred of President Obama that they are actually contemplating nominating someone who has absolutely no hope of winning in November! They are about to do nationally what they did in Delaware (Christine O’Donnell ) & Nevada (Sharon Angle) during the 2010 midterm elections. Reject the electable in favor of the none electable. Why does the GOP keep doing this because their views are driven by hate and as such they like their candidates to be fire breathers. Newt is such a candidate and is skilled at channeling that emotion.

What we now see going on in the GOP is what always happens when you allow the inmates to run the asylum. Newt would not only lose to the President but the the mire thought of a possible President Gingrich would so scare people that droves of people who barely pay attention to politics would turn out vote in a desperate attempt to prevent such a national calamity. It would also chambers of Congress back to the Dems with significant margins I suspect. Romney is far from lovable but he doesn’t have the history of erratic behavior Newt has. However I seriously doubt that a party filled with people who don’t believe in evolution or science in general are going to think thoughts along those lines. All they care about is wanting someone who will be as Newt himself said punch the President in the mouth! If the next Presidential election is between Newt and Obama it will not be boring but will be ugly and end in a spectacular crash for both Newt and the GOP!

• Sasha January 21, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Solo, If they barely pay attention I doubt that Newt will scare them, unless the media instructs them to be scared.  Anyway, it’s not the Republicans turn yet so it will likely be Obama.  He follows direction better than Newt.

I’m not sure why everyone thinks that you have to have a great personality to be a successful leader.  Obama had a better public personality than Hillary Clinton and we see where that got us.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

It got us a scandal free administration that has done a string of things no other administration in the history of this country was able to accomplishment. It got us an administration that Hillary Clinton herself is willing to be a part of and it got us lots of dead terrorists.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

Solo, are you dancing a jig as you sing that song? You sound so happy.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

The name of that song is “The Truth Hurts.”

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

Dude you have no idea! I am sitting back gleefully watching the GOP self destruct. I am of the general opinion that the GOP base consists mainly of knuckle dragging science denying morons but in my wildest fantasies I didn’t think they were this crazy or stupid. Newt Gingrich? LOL!

• Sasha January 21, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

scandal free administration

I think Hillary is a part of the administration to keep things from being even worse .  She called it on the 3AM call.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

Watch lots of Fox News I see. What a complete load of crap. Both Solyndra and Fast and Furious started under the Bush administration. The GOP is on a politically motivated witch hunt in those two instances and have been for months, what have they come up with so far? Zip! Nada!

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

President Obama has a stellar record when it comes to ethics so what do people who hate him decide to do? Try and damage that reputation by turning something relatively trivial into something to use to damage said reputation.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

Solo keeps using the word hate. I don’t hate the president.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

Sasha

Your also wrong about this country’s crime rate. Crime rates are dropping! Here is a link proving it.

Here is another one

It took me less than a minute to find proof that blows holes right through the middle of your lies about President Obama and the crime rate in this country.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

“so we are just going to ignore Fast and Furious, Solyndra, high unemployment and crime rates increasing and so on…”

Sweet Jeebus CRISPIES onna PPOPCICLE STICK!!!

“Solyndra”? SO-FRACKING-LYNDRA?!!! Are you FRACKING KIDDING ME?!!!! Solo can vouch for the fact that I am NO big Obama fan…but SOLYNDRA?

“high unemployment”? Are you MENTAL?!!! The economy TANKED under Bush dimbulb. Unemplyment is actually starting to creep down and if the repugnantklan/teabaggers weren’t actively attempting to destroy it, it would be doing a WHOLE lot better.

” crime rates increasing and so on…” REALLY? And where is the link to any statistics backing that up? Oh, you just pulled it outta yer ass…thought so.

Jackwads like you will make it a WHOLE lot easyer to hold my nose, a WHOLE lot.

• Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

Just as a matter of fact the crime rates are at an all time low.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Solo, dear, one of your keys is stuck on the exclamation mark. It makes you seem hysterical.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

That’s right, ignore the substance.

5. Sasha January 21, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

The video made me want to throw up and then I just laughed.  Obama, the first American Idol President continues to make a mockery of our political system while leading the charge in Reality Washington.  Prissy Obama has always masterfully played on the pubic’s simplicity and ignorance.

I have no idea how things will shake out.  Who would have thought that Nasty Newt would catch on a few months ago.  And he caught on by verbally smacking down the media.  I think people would like to see a verbal smack down of King Obama.  If I was White and had voted for him and Now he calls me a racist because I don’t always agree with him…  I might be a little pissed at the arrogant, little ungrateful prick.

I doubt Newt has what it takes to go all the way.  But if he does make it in spite of all of the resistance from his own party, I think Obama should be scared.  Newt is not a pansy like McCain.  Or even Obama for that matter.  He is a street fighter.

I would pay to see Newt debate Obama.  Yep, I will be on the front row with my stack of bills yelling, “Make it rain up in here Newt!”

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Newt would certainly make hay with Rev Wright. It would be fun to watch.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

Is your childish name calling suppose to pass as reason? Prissy? King? How lame. For the record President Obama has never played the race card even in situations where he would have been justified. I challenge you to give an example of him doing so. Not one of his supporters, him.

• Sasha January 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

Lol, Solo please stop.  I just can’t take you seriously.  LMAO.  President Pansy is a Master at the manipulation of the race card.  He has divided our country just like he divided the Democratic party.  And for the record NOBODY should ever play the race card.  That is the problem now.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

But it’s so much fun having Solo here.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Still lots of name calling and accusations but no specifics.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

Girl, please. Where you been?

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 8:57 pm #

Frankly sasha, you are either TO stupid for words or just a garden variety repugnantklan/teabaggin troll.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Oh please solo…just…PLEASE!

• Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

Ha Ha Ha….. oh please, in fact I was just thinking how race is a double edged sword in S.C. and if his surrogates are playing the race card for him …it counts.

• whitepaw January 22, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

So true LL… The idea that Obama has never been behind any playing of the race card is simply delusional.  Apparently from Solo`s perspective… Obama is not responsible for what others in his campaign do or suggest.   But they give him full credit for the brilliance of the campaign… just not the bad stuff that happened along with it.

• Lake Lady January 22, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Hey whitepaw~

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm #

“He is a street fighter.”

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Newt? That pasty faced, bloated sac of pus, chicken shit , CHICKEN HAWK?  A STREET FIGHTER?!!!!! Maybe if he’s in the street with a cancer or MS stricken woman.

“I have no idea how things will shake out.”

BWAHAHAHAHA! I’ll tell ya how things will “shake out” if Newty wins the nomination…Obama will gut him like a 24 inch trout. That fat little sac of pus will get “slapped down” with a landslide of HISTORIC dimensions. OH PLEASE JEEBUS let this fat fracking hypocrite win…PLEASE!!!!

• spincitysd January 22, 2012 at 9:47 pm #

Sasha, I love you, but there is no way Newt survives a mano-a-mano knock down with Obama. Obama is a consummate politician with a self discipline of harden steel. Newt, on the other hand, has all the self-control of a ADHD five year old hopped up on a liter of Jolt Cola.

6. Joyce Arnold January 21, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

Given the general acceptance of the Two Corporate Party line “you have no other choice,” then Obama being Obama would absolutely beat Gingrich being Gingrich, and very likely Romney being Romney. And voters who see no other options being voters who see no other options will look around after November and still see no other options.

There are, however, more rumblings from more people who are rejecting the Duopoly, and working to create other options. It’s uphill work, but it’s happening.

7. fangio January 21, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

Sure seems as if there is a  possibility of a good old fashioned floor fight at the convention.  Say Newt  wins S.C. ;  there are a multitude of both right wing and moderate Republican states lined up.  What if they split?  What if Santorum or Paul plays spoiler?  Now that Romney has officially lost Iowa I think all bets are off.

8. Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Mitt Romney’s team is going to be reaching for their flasks tonight.

Newt Gingrich is the projected winner of South Carolina.

RIGHTWARD HO!

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

Wow! Newt Gingrich!

• ogenec January 21, 2012 at 7:32 pm #

I know, right?? A suggestion, if I may? It’s a good time to stop fightin’ the Marshian horde. Kick back and drink something instead. It’s all setting up quite nicely for November.

Reminds me of the Conan quote: Q: “What is best in life?” A: “To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.”

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

Conan quote! Precious. ;-)

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

Actually that quote is atributed to Genghis Khan….NOT Conan the Barbarian…or the Shwartzenator.

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

sech – It was Conan quoting Khan.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

Sorry ms. marsh…..I LOVEZ ya…ya KNOWZ I duz….but it was Conan saying this line TO Khan. I luvz Conan the barbarian too! Seen it about a gazillion times.

• Taylor Marsh January 22, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

Sorry… you’re right. Thousand pardons.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

Good times!

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

It’s TOO delicious!

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Callista has Stepford painted on her forehead. It is all really just too delicious as you say.

I am not a conservative Republican. I am born and raised in the Old South, and I totally get Newt and the people who voted for him. I am a gay man raised among bigots.

Newt is a scalawag. Yes, he is. We’ve had one before named Bill, and I loved him. He spoke as governor at my Boys’ State. I trust a scalawag with the country over a fancy pants like Mitt Romney. I hesitate whether I trust him over BO, but I am getting there. Dramatic upheaval, despite the direction it comes from, is what we need. Four years is not a long time.

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

Interesting comment, rr.

Everyone knows how I feel about Gingrich, but this is something I’ve also written about:

Our country is not made of feathers; we always survive, even thrive.  …and we absolutely do need “dramatic upheaval.”

9. Art Pronin January 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm #

so with newt now winning in sc will get he get the cash etc to battle mitt onward or what? thats a big question

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

Newt’s a master of free media. But, yes, he’ll get money.

The real issue is organization. Nobody has the machine of Romney, no one.

The Republicans establishment is going to start popping Pepto, because they don’t like disarray, which they know benefits Obama.

Monday’s debate w/ Brian Williams…. I know it’s a trite saying at this point, but POPCORN!

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

I wish we could all sit on a couch together and watch it!

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

That would be SO much fun, rr.

10. Sasha January 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm #

Newt will get money.  I just don’t think Newt will get enough money.  The establishment will see to it that for every dollar Newt takes in there will be a dollar to take him out.  Newt is very smart and it will be interesting to see how he uses his newly developing power.

• Ga6thDem January 21, 2012 at 8:16 pm #

One thing Newt is not is smart. If he was smart he wouldn’t be shooting himself in the foot constantly. He has the biggest flaw a candidate can have: lack of self discipline.

• rickroberts January 21, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Not smart? Really?

• Ga6thDem January 22, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

Anybody who was “smart” wouldn’t constantly be getting himself pickled.

11. tonyb39 January 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

Amazing, Republican’s self destruct with creep NEWT!!! If this continue’s President Obama should sail to re-election..The President sure won’t need my vote, thankfully, cause he won’t get it..Newt is such a sickening prick, god, Bush was more likable and that’s saying something..

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 8:21 pm #

hey tonyb39.

The President sure won’t need my vote, thankfully, cause he won’t get it.

You’ll have a lot of company on that one, sir.

However, I happen to believe he will need your vote, because November will not be easy, UNLESS the nominee is Newt, which I don’t believe for a second.

12. lynnette January 21, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

Who knew? President Obama can sing!  He’s pretty good, too.  Well, no politician is going to save us.    I still believe until we demand a better way to finance elections/campaigns,  the big moneyed interests will continue to have all the influence.  Who sits on the Supreme Court does matter.  I  am concerned about that.

• Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:53 pm #

Hey lynnette :)

• lynnette January 23, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Hey, Lake Lady.  How’s it going?  :)

13. tonyb39 January 21, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Hi Taylor,

Loved the book by the way!  My gut tells me your correct, god, Newt is an awful human being..Could Republican’s be so dysfunctional to choose Newt??? I still don’t believe it..Lov you Taylor!! Thanks for all you do!

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 9:22 pm #

Thanks!  So glad to hear. Back at you, tonyb39.

14. nzanh January 21, 2012 at 8:40 pm #

Taylor, I am surprised that you make reference to Newt’s statement of Obama being the food stamp president as somehow race baiting. I will be interested in how you think this is so. After all, most people that collect food stamp benefits are white. This is well documented. And you can pass me the popcorn because I am going to be enjoying seeing Newt (if he is the nominee) wipe the floor with Obama in any debate.

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

nzanh – Newt knows the people he is talking to don’t know that 60% on food stamps are white. He’s race baiting, because he’s playing into that stereotype.  It’s wingnut 101.

Additionally, Pres. Obama does just fine in that setting. On class alone, Pres. Obama passes him by a mile.

Anyone who thinks Newt Gingrich will “wipe the floor” first is dreaming that he’ll get that far. But if he does you’re forgetting he can’t use the right-wing red meat or vitriol because he & Obama will be competing for independents.

Lastly, if Newt doesn’t implode it will be a first.

15. secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

1″Taylor, I am surprised that you make reference to Newt’s statement of Obama being the food stamp president as somehow race baiting. I will be interested in how you think this is so.”

Are you REALLY that clueless or did you just get back from the Jungle on a remote Pacific Island where you were the sole remaining Japanese soldier who didn’t know  WW2 was over?

2.”After all, most people that collect food stamp benefits are white. This is well documented.”

Which is why it is SO surprising that this meme of the repugnantklan/teabaggers works so well…OOOPS, forgot…they are a bunch of racists so it fits in nicely with their predisposition for racist code words. And Newty is perfectly happy to feed the peekerwoods those bloody gobs of red racist meat.

3.”And you can pass me the popcorn because I am going to be enjoying seeing Newt (if he is the nominee) wipe the floor with Obama in any debate.”

I am looking forward to that debate…the sound of repugnantklan/teabagger heads exploding will SOUND like popcorn popping.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

Stop making sense, God Damn it! I have gotten use to not liking you. But I can’t do that if you keep making sense. LOL!

16. nzanh January 21, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

*************************************************
    Ok so you don’t like the phrase “food stamp president”. Please tell me the word you would use to describe a president who has presided over a 40% increase in food stamp use in only three years of his term in office? Be as imaginative and politically correct as you like.

• Solo January 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

The increase in food stamp use is because of the recession the President inherited.

• Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:39 pm #

uh…it might have something to do with 16 million un or under employed people in our country.

17. secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

Dimbuld…it’s not a matter of whether I “don’t like the phrase “food stamp president”.or not. The FACTS are that there are more people on food stamps because the economy tanked under Bush and THEN the domestic terrorists otherwise known as repugnantklan/teabaggers have lived down to their pledge to do anything and everything they can to cause the President to…as limpwithnoballs loudly hoped…FAIL.

Now if that means destroying the economy and hurting the American people they are perfectly alright with that. Frankly I find them even MORE loathsome then Osama Bin Laden. HE at least had the excuse of being a religious fanatic.

The BIGGEST increase came about in Alabama..a RED state. Why isn’t the governor of Alabama the food stamp governor?

But repugnantklaners since Reagan have used “food stamps” and “welfare” as cose words for BLACKS with their peekerwood, racist base. That their base is to stupid to know the reality is neither here nor there…they USE it as racist code words.

THERE! Clear that one up for ya peckerwoo…OOOPS…skippy?

18. nzanh January 21, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

But if he does you’re forgetting he can’t use the right-wing red meat or vitriol because he & Obama will be competing for independents.–TM
    **************************************************************
    Taylor I think you had better pray that Obama improves his standing with independents. As It stands now, he is doing very badly with them. And any Republican that goes up against him knows not to be heavy in the red meat/vitriol department-even Newt. Thus his immigration stance for example which definitely does not please most conservatives. If Bill Clinton was able to make it to the presidency with all of his foibles i.e. “bimbo eruptions, allegations of rape, etc., Newt could conceivably pull this off. He pulled off the takeover of the House in 1994 so dont count Newt out so fast.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 21, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

“As It stands now, he is doing very badly with them.”

Riiiiight…let’s see how he stands with them if it looks like the Newtberry doughboy is the candidate!

” And any Republican that goes up against him knows not to be heavy in the red meat/vitriol department-even Newt.

” Male Bovine Fecal matter…he is going to have to keep throwing chunks to the peckerwoods and evangelicatalibans to keep his base happy…not exactly something to make indies vote for him.

“If Bill Clinton was able to make it to the presidency with all of his foibles i.e. “bimbo eruptions, allegations of rape, etc., Newt could conceivably pull this off.”

Willie was married to the same woman since forever. Newt dumped his FIRST wife when she was fighting cancer…and he was carrying on an affair with soon to be #2 at the same time…he dumped his SECOND wife when she was diagnosed with MS and wouldn’t agree to leting the scumbag fu*k around…even though he already WAS fu*king around with the soon to be wife #3…WHILE trying to impeach the pres. for a BJ. Any wonder this prostitut…OOOPS wife sticks to him like white on rice?

You really need to try harder sasha…you are to easy…or stupid…or both.

• Taylor Marsh January 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

nzanh 21 January 2012 at 10:05 pm

So, I won’t be “praying” for anyone. Each man is on his own. I’ll simply be providing the analysis & play by play.

• ladywalker68 January 22, 2012 at 10:33 am #

Taylor-I am so glad you have this blog and I take you at your word that you do not have a candidate. And, my first post in this blog was written while I was still recovering from my gag reflex to Mr. Ick (brilliant addition to the Mr. Cool and Mr. Ice….LOL)

After reading through the posts of the Obots here, some of which I find as gag-inducing as Mr. Ick, and your balanced approach that the country is not made of feathers finds me on the brink of changing my mind. As much as a Newt candidate makes we want to vote for anybody but, Obama’s record and his fawning groupies make me want to just sit this one out.

So after reading through the gleeful, predictable responses of the Obots here and elsewhere on the internet, and after the shock and awe how many real racists there are rallying behind Newt I have decided to adopt your “I have no candidate for 2012″ slogan too. I can stay home or vote 3rd party if our only 2 choices are Newt and Obama.

19. nzanh January 21, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

…it’s not a matter of whether I “don’t like the phrase “food stamp president”.or not. The FACTS are that there are more people on food stamps because the economy tanked under Bush.
    ******************************************************************
    I am always amazed how it is never Obama’s fault. On the last day of his second term (god forbid) his minions and koolaid drinkers will still be blaming Bush. Question: At what point will it be safe to actually blame Obama for anything without being called a racist?

• Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

only one kool aide drinker on this thread nzanh…pay attention.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 10:10 am #

Depends…if it starts off with “this food stamp president or…this foreigner or…this muslim, If it does…then you or whomever will have outed themselves as the racists repugnantklaner/teabagger they always were.

AND are you seriously trying to claim Bush DIDN’T tank the economy and the repugnantklaner/teabaggers in the house have NOT been doing everything they can to keep President Obama from doing anything to help? Are you REALLY that stupid or are you just another hypocritical repugnantklaner/teabagger?

20. nzanh January 21, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

Once again I want to make it very clear, I do not have a candidate in the race in 2012. I will not support any candidate this year. -TM
    *********************************************************
    Yes, ma’am. In a contest between a Republican (maybe a conservative) and a Democrat and you do not support any candidate? Wow- I think that says a lot about Obama’s prospects because you are among many that feel the same way.

21. Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

Of all the exit polling information it’s the people who identify as Tea Party that most amaze me. How they can find a way to support Mr. Insider, Mr. lobbiest for Fannie and Freddie, the only Speaker ever to be sanctioned by Congress for ethics. It shows how utterly stupid and lacking in conviction they are,what a hollow, convictionless movement.

I always thought they were more about hate than anything else…voting for Gingrich proves it.

22. Lake Lady January 21, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

“Newt plays resentment like Yo Yo Ma plays the cello”…best quote of the night on MSNBC.

23. nzanh January 21, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

only one kool aide drinker on this thread nzanh…pay attention.
    ***********************************
    oh I do understand that most here dont have that lovin’ feeling torward Barack, but in the end, you will do what you feel you have to do and that is to cast your lot with Obama.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 10:13 am #

True, while the racist, ignorant, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic dumber then dawg shit fer brains repugnantklaners/teabagger base like YOU vote for Newt or Willard.

24. fangio January 21, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

There was a banner behind Newt at his headquarters that read,  “  Unleash the American People.  “  I think they have already been unleashed;  they need to be put back in their cages.

25. Audrey January 22, 2012 at 12:07 am #

With just a 3 minute response to a debate question, Newt effectively silenced the media about his allegedly asking Marianne for an open marriage.    He’s a crafty sleazeball who diffused his past personal scandals by attacking the “elite” (read liberal) media, and the very people whose votes he needed today (over 200,000 of them), ate it up.   This was not a good day, or evening, for Marianne Gingrich.

I’m no Obama supporter but, if I were rooting for him, I’d be concerned about Newt Gingrich and his determination to exploit the most virulent emotions and prejudices that exist within the rightwing today.   Newt surely knows this is the energy he has to tap, in order to win the nomination.

I have a couple of Republican acquaintances (one in NY and the other in Florida), who switched from Romney to Gingrich solely because they believe Gingrich is the only candidate who can out-debate Barack Obama in the general election.    CNN has already replayed last Thursday’s debate FOUR times, and I’m sure Newt was clicking his chubby little heels over that.

Romney has his work cut out for him.

On a more trivial note, someone should tell Newt to retire the ugly brown suits.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 10:16 am #

“With just a 3 minute response to a debate question, Newt effectively silenced the media about his allegedly asking Marianne for an open marriage.”

Are you being serious or just writing a Colbert type of parody? SILENCED?!!!!! Maybe in a debate of repugnantklan/teabaggers in front of hand picked whiter then white audiences…but in the REAL world?!!!!!!!!!

• Audrey January 22, 2012 at 11:00 am #

secular:   I was being serious.   Oh, I’m sure we will continue to hear reports about Newt’s past personal life but I don’t think those reports will be effective.  So, perhaps instead of saying he silenced the media, I should have said he rendered the media ineffective.   I think he bought himself a nice thick layer of teflon by answering John King the way he did.   The Marianne Gingrich interviews will fade into the background – they already have.   The only thing the Republicans care about is nominating a candidate who can out-talk and outsmart Obama in the general election.   I don’t believe there will be a shortage of enthusiasm among Republicans on voting day.  If anyone has to worry about a shortage of enthusiasm, it will be Obama.    I agree with James Carville when he said you throw dirt at Newt and he turns it into gold.  That is exactly what he did on Thursday night during the debate.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 11:40 am #

“”The Marianne Gingrich interviews will fade into the background — they already have. ”
          I wonder what the reponce to your assumption would be in a room full of women independent women voters?

“I agree with James Carville when he said you throw dirt at Newt and he turns it into gold.  That is exactly what he did on Thursday night during the debate.”

ONLY with the rabid, racist, vote for SATAN himself hypocritical base of the repugnantklan/teabagger set would NEVER vote for Obama anyway. With independents? Only the ones who aren’t repugnantklan/teabagger registered because they think the repug/baggers are TO LIBERAL!

Among the even REASONABLY sane indies Newt is about as popular as the plague.

26. fairmindedindependent January 22, 2012 at 3:24 am #

Its been awhile since I posted computer problems, but Mitt Romney better get his act together. I actually think its so funny that the establishment is going nuts over this win. Sorry, I can’t stand the establishment in both parties and anything that can drive them nuts is fine by me. If the Tea Party gets behind Newt Gingrich, there could be a fight. I would love to see a convention fight in Tampa. For Romney not to win South Carolina, which McCain won, is aweful to say the least. I think Romney is going to have a hard enough time getting his own party united. All I can say, I am voting third party or staying home.

• Joyce Arnold January 22, 2012 at 8:43 am #

I know this won’t suprise you, fairminded, but just to say I am in full agreement with “I can’t stand the establishment in both parties.” Watching all of this is like watching yet another remake of the same movie. Third party voting; not voting at the top; voting only in races where I think there’s someone worth voting for; write in; none of the above (I so wish I could actually do that) … there are options.

But of course, the current remake of the movie always starring “your only choices” Duopoly will go on.

27. TPAZ January 22, 2012 at 5:29 am #

This is not good for American. The MSM and the powers that be have flipped fro conversation from class to race. HRC did not use race in her primary run against Obama. Whatever shortcomings you found in John McCain, he refused to directly engage in racial politics against Obama in 2008. Newt will relish in it and is counting on  it.

I believe if Mitt were the nominee, he, like McCain, would refrain from the politics of race. Newt will swab his campaign daily with the rhetoric of fear and hate. Obama, would rather campaign against class than race. Just as Mitt looked weak this week against a study drumbeat of class warfare Obama will look equally weak against a study drumbeat of race. Signing tunes of old  soul singers will not save Barack.

What do you think this country will devolve into if Newt carelessly throws around racial innuendos and hatred for “the other” like a frisbee at a summer picnic over the next seven months until the RNC convention in August? Newt’s is a slightly less obvious brand of Pat Buchanan’s “the white man’s Christian America is under siege”. In an economy whereby too many Americans are still feeling the effects of recession, manipulating white voters and turning them against the poor and people of color as a way of returning to the past is as old as the post-reconstruction period from the 1880′s up to the beginning of WWI.

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 10:22 am #

“Then, in the general campaign, the real ugly racial stuff will come crawling out from the woodwork.”

And won’t THAT be the real test of our soul as a Nation! Frankly, I welcome it.

Let’s have some clarity about whether as a nation and People we acknowledge the Constitution and the concept of Rule of and BY Law equally applied to EVERY PERSON in this country or not.

Let’s find out just where folks stand in the “culture war”

28. guyski January 22, 2012 at 7:02 am #

A pretty impressive win by Mr. Gingrich. It will be interesting to read the wide range of post-analysis. Everything from the end of the world; to an eventually landslide victory for Obama; to the demise of the Republican party. But it probably just comes down to what Sarah Palin said; ‘that it is just to early to shut this thing down.’

The only thing that can be somewhat certain is that it is open season on the media. No sympathy for the media on my part.

29. spincitysd January 22, 2012 at 9:25 am #

Newt Gingrich, The Distillation of The Modern Republican Party

If you can get over how god-awful the whole cynical process is, you can almost admire the shear, vicious brutality that Newt appeals to.  Man, he has that Reptile Brain of base dialed in and hard-wired for maximum effect. Be warned, were are about get deep, dark, and dirty on this subject.

Put on your hazmat suites and make sure all openings are taped up snug. Check your respirator seals for proper fit. Recheck those rubber gloves for pin-hole leaks gentle reader. We are about to wade in the toxic super-fund site that is the modern Republican Party for a look-see. We are visiting the very heart of darkness; make sure your papers are in order.

Newt Gingrich, The Distillation of The Modern Republican Party

• secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 10:24 am #

Hear him/her, hear him/her!!!!!!

• ladywalker68 January 22, 2012 at 10:45 am #

I don’t know who the author of “Newt Gingrich, The Distillation of The Modern Republican Party” but that is an awesome summary of that party today. Hits it out of the park.

• spincitysd January 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Spincitysd

Nom de Plume / Nom de guerre : James Ala

San Jose, California, United States. A man with way too much time on his hands. Part of the vast Left-Wing, Rachel Maddow viewing, commie-pinko conspiracy. A reader of far too many history books than is good for normal functioning. Someone who can give a quick and facile explanation of the Council of Trent; which is why he is not often invited to cocktail parties.

30. looloo January 22, 2012 at 9:33 am #

That might nominate and elect Gingrich.

31. secularhumanizinevoluter January 22, 2012 at 10:28 am #

“By November of 2012 the only way an American will be able to “prove” they are not racist is to vote for Barack Obama. We’re about half way there now.”

When you consider that the right screams about him being a MUSLIM or KENYAN or emails each other pictures of Obama with a bone through his nose or Michele as a simian or refers to Obama’s Grandmother as a Gorilla…yeah, that would be a pretty safe assumption to make.

“That might nominate and elect Gingrich.”

Well since he is one of the pushers of the racist line yeah, it might. But ELECT him?

32. spincitysd January 22, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

I have to agree with Taylor Marsh on the phenomena of Newt; it is doubtful that he will get the nod. With the victory in SC we are going to see all the knives come out for our favorite amphibian. If you thought the Iowa onslaught was bad; well, all I can say is keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all time, because it is not done; not by a long shot. Mitt has an almost endless supply of money to purchase oppo. ads. You’re going to see an ad campaign carpet bombing in Florida that will be the political equivalent of the Vietnam War Arc Light campaigns.

If you live in Florida, may I suggest you Tivo every stinking program that you have the remotest interest in? That way you can fast-forward through the epic avalanche of slime about to pour out of your boob tube. Or better yet, perhaps you can curl up with a book? Stephen Dando-Collins is always a great ripping read, or perhaps Barbara W. Tuchman is more to your liking. (I am assuming that Taylor’s book, you know The Hillary Effect, is already in your possession, even if you live in the UK) Just trying to help. As a mere mortal, you have no access to Cheney’s undisclosed bunker–more’s the pity.

• whitepaw January 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm #

spincitysd — Love your posts.. you are so witty!

• Cujo359 January 23, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

I’ve been doing that for years now, albeit with a MythTV. I’m especially glad I do this doing the political silly seasons, when virtually none of the ads make any sense.

33. Sasha January 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

Obama fans can now go to his website and get the ringtone of Obama singing “Let’s Stay Together”.

A JayZ remix and Spike Lee video to follow soon!  The good news is JayZ and Spike have said they will use the 25% unemployed young Black men as workers in exchange for job experience.